Last Updated on February 6, 2022
The fact is – there are a lot of High-end coolers on the market that promise toughness, durability, and ice retention. But are these models Rotomolded coolers?
If you want to skip the hard part of scouring the internet in search of the best-insulated coolers on the market, then the Best Rotomolded coolers are the only way to go.
- 1 Best Rotomolded Coolers – Top Insulated Ice chest Selection
- 2 Small Rotomolded Coolers
- 3 Cheap Rotomolded Coolers
- 4 Roto Molded Coolers with wheels
- 5 FAQs
What Does Rotomolded mean?
Rotomolded coolers AKA Rotationally molded is the process of using high temperature and pressure on plastic to produce robust & thick insulation walls.
In short, rotationally molded coolers are built to withstand harsh situations a regular insulated chest can’t, while the thick walls ensure your ice stays ice.
Best Rotomolded Coolers – Top Insulated Ice chest Selection
When it comes to choosing coolers that can stand the test of gritty outdoor situations, Rotomolded chests are best for the job. In this review, we’ll reveal the best high-end models on the market.
Remember to stick to your budget cause these coolers are a bit expensive than regular coolers.
Considering the features they offer, Rotomolded or high-end ice chests are definitely a bang for your buck.
- Roto molded construction
- Integrated insulation
- Lid gasket for perfect seal
- 100% USA Made, Lifetime Warranty
- Lid Gasket to ensure a perfect seal
Certified as grizzly resistant, this cooler can take a lot of beating and stand strong, all thanks to the construction. Thick walls of the cooler ensure you stuff remain ice for up to 10 days. Also, it’s equipped with a unique Lid gasket that seals appropriately, while blocking out heat and keeping the cold in. It utilizes Sturdy latches for the cooler for even more ice retention period.
Tie downs secure this cooler effortlessly; you don’t have to fear it sliding off. Despite the huge size, extendable flex-grip handles make ease for carrying. However, you might require help from a friend to lift the cooler when filled.
You’ll be happy to know that it comes in different sizes. Name the purpose, and there’s an ORCA size fit for it. The sizes range from; 20, 26, 40, 58, 75, and 140 quarts. Also, there are ample colors you can choose from. It includes medium-sized drain plugs that purge water completely.
This cooler would have been perfect but users have made complaints of the lid snapping shut when unattended to. Aside that, if you are searching for a great insulated cooler, the Orca is yours to take.
- Its rotomolded construction along with integrated insulation ensures maximum ice retention for up to 10 days.
- There’s a unique lid gasket that seals appropriately and ensures to keep the cold trapped for extended periods.
- It uses tie-downs to ensure securing the cooler and protecting it from sliding off.
- Its sturdy latches and extendable flex-grip handles allow easy carrying and comfortable grip.
- It is a bit more expensive than other rotomolded coolers.
Engel DeepBlue Cooler
- Best in class ice retention and overall performance, holds ice for up to 10 days
- Rotationally molded with 2 inches of polyurethane insulation all round
- IGBC Certified bear resistant container - when 2 locks used
- Silicone airtight gasket, adjustable recessed marine grade compression latches and UV-Resistant Contruction
- Dry Ice compatable. Non-Marking rubber feet. 10 year warranty
Peaked at second on the list, this insulated cooler is known to retain ice better than most coolers. As a matter of fact, only the ORCA is tested to maintain ice longer than the Engel Deepblue.
With numerous sizes from 20-65 quarts, it’s primary function is to please your needs. Obviously, the high insulation is as a result of the two-inch insulation walls and Airtight artic vault gasket. The result is a stellar ice retention performance for up to 7 days, this is perfect especially for people that are always on the road.
Extra feature users will like the bottle opener is something you’d like about it. Made from ergonomic rope handles, it’s easy to transport the cooler. Just like the ORCA, tie downs are readily available to secure the cooler on boats.
Also available is the Duolock security holes which can be locked using a padlock to keep thieves & grizzly bears out.
Overall, this cooler is high end but what’s the best part – Ice retention and the Inexpensive price is there to make you satisfied.
- This cooler comes with non-marking rubber feet and is dry ice compatible.
- It has an IGBC certified bear-resistant container when two locks are used, and it ensures a 10-years warranty.
- It is made of rotationally molded construction design with 2-inch of polyurethane insulation for optimal ice retention and protection.
- You can keep the grizzly bears and thieves out with its duo lock security holes that can be locked via a padlock.
- We haven’t found any significant drawbacks of this product yet.
Yeti Tundra – Best Rotomolded Cooler
- The YETI Tundra 65 is just as adept at keeping your catches cold in the field as it is storing the drinks and food for your backyard barbecue, this ice chest is plenty roomy, holding a limit of redfish or your prized brisket
- Ice stays ice thanks to up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design is certified Bear-Resistant
- The Rotomolded Construction makes the Tundra armored to the core and virtually indestructible so wherever you decide to take it, this portable cooler’s sturdy construction will stand up to the rigors of the journey
- All Tundra coolers feature T-Rex Lid Latches constructed of heavy-duty rubber so you’ll never see another busted latch and has patented keeper technology
- The Tundra 65 dimensions are 30 1/2 in long x 17 1/2 in wide x 16 in high with an empty weight of 29 lbs NOTE: All Tundra models come standard with one dry goods basket.
Amongst Yeti coolers, the tundra is the most popular in their product line. With Rotomolded construction the body is designed to take beatings and stand firm, while it also offers maximum ice retention. The tundra is tested to hold ice for 5-7 days. Equipped with hard T-rex Lid latches, busted latch is a thing of the past.
It comes in different sizes starting as small as 20 quarts to a staggering 350 quarts (oh! All that space). Non-skid feet make the cooler stay in place without leaving marks on your floors. It also has molded-in tie-down points that secure it to a boat or truck. For maximum protection, it includes padlock holes to keep grizzly bears out. Tired of flimsy hinges? The good news is the Tundra hinges are designed to last.
On the downsides, the Yeti is the most popular cooler brand in the world, but it doesn’t mean it’s perfect. The price and heavyweight (as a result of rotomolded construction) are turnoff factors for some. However, we can’t overlook the quality and high performance it gives.
- Its thick wall insulation and inherent design strength make it an incredible rotomolded cooler.
- The 3-inch of PermaFrost insulation ensures maximum ice retention.
- Its extra-thick fatwall design is IGBC certified bear-resistant.
- This portable cooler’s sturdy rotomolded construction makes it virtually indestructible and durable against the rigors of a trip.
- It has a heavyweight, making it difficult for portability.
Igloo BMX 25 QT Cooler
- Rubberized T-latches
- Heavy-duty blow-molded construction
- Cool Riser Technology
- Extra-thick foam walls and lid
- Fish ruler and four tie-down points
We have reviewed this cooler model by Igloo, and the experience was good. It is made of a heavy-duty blow-molded construction design while having a reinforced base to boost its strength and enhance its protection. This highly durable cooler has a lightweight design and has been proven to retain ice for up to 4-5 days. The cooler protects itself against sun damage for a prolonged life by using UV inhibitors. Also, it comes with stainless steel and rust-resistant hinge rods and hardware, which ensures extended optimal performance. You won’t have to worry about your lid’s security with its rubberized T-grip latches. Its molded base via Cool Riser Technology elevates the cooler away from any uneven or hot surfaces while ensuring to enhance its cooling performance. Also, its 3-point-grab handle ensures easy carrying and comfortable grip.
- This cooler ensures maximum durability with its heavy-duty blow-molded construction design.
- You’ll enjoy up to 4 days of ice retention with its extra thick foam walls and lid.
- You can ensure the optimal security of lid closure and lock in the cold with rubberized T-latches.
- Its elevated design with Cool Riser Technology ensures enhanced cooling performance.
- It may not be ideal for all types of outings.
Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Premium Ice Chest Roto Cooler
- Heavy-duty rotomolded construction
- Stainless steel rotating handle
- Heavy-duty, easy-grip T-latches
- Freezer grade gasket
- Built-in side handles
We have reviewed this high-performance, heavy-duty cooler by Arctic Zone, and it’s incredible. It comes with built-in antimicrobial product protection for preventing the development of bacterial stains and odors. We were stunned to see that it’s constructed with a superior blend of thick and high-performance polyurethane insulation walls for maximizing ice retention. It also features a freezer-grade rubber gasket and corrosion-resistant latches for making a tight seal keep the cold trapped inside. Its durable, seamless, and one-piece rotomolded construction ensures the best ice retention. We were also impressed with its additional features like an oversized drain, anti-skid feet, and an integrated fish ruler. Overall, this IGBC certified bear-resistant cooler is perfect for outdoor activities like camping and touring.
- It comes with thick and high-performance polyurethane insulation that ensures maximum ice retention.
- You’ll enjoy easy carrying and a comfortable grip with its heavy-duty stainless steel handle.
- You’ll enjoy faster drainage with minimal chances of clogging with its oversized drain plug.
- It is an IGBC certified bear-resistant cooler with antimicrobial product protection
- There may be issues with the limited amount of space.
- Rotomolded: Our coolers are made from rotationally-molded LLDPE plastic and are designed to achieve even wall thicknesses for optimal durability.
- Thermal Properties: All hard-sided coolers are pressure injected with up to two inches of Ecomate polyurethane foam for optimal cooling. This unique insulation has no global warming potential, no ozone depletion potential, and is made with no VOCs.
- Lid Gasket: Our lids seal with a rubber gasket to keep cold air trapped extending the longevity of your ice.
- Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee (IGBC) Certified: All Grizzly hardside coolers are IGBC Certified Bear-Resistant. Each hardside cooler also comes with two lock holes to keep your cooler secure and your contents safe.
- Made in USA
Grizzly coolers are best for camping trips, mainly cause of their rotomolded build, this cooler is certified as grizzly bear resistant.
Also, the cooler includes a thick polyurethane insulation plus sturdy rubber gaskets to hold ice for up to 5 days. It includes robust latches to add pressure on the lid, providing a tight seal in the process.
Oversized drain spout to drain water quickly is suitable for outdoor activities. Coming in at numerous sizes ranging from as low as 15 quarts to a behemoth 400 quarts.
In terms of retaining ice, the Bearclaw latches provide a perfect seal between the lid and base and the thick walls can hold all the ice in for an impressive 5 – 7 days.
Two drain plug provides for quick and complete water purge. The hinges are made from stainless steel pin, expect none of that annoying breaks after few months of use. It’s in fact, designed to last.
Other highlight features include; non-slip rubber feet, molded-in handles for ease of carrying, tie-down slots to secure the cooler on boats or trucks. The best part is that Grizzly is made in the US. You are rest assured of the quality ice chest and the lifetime guarantee is something users would love.
- Its tough rotationally-molded LLDPE construction and even wall thickness ensure optimal durability.
- It is pressure injected with up to 2-inches of ecomate polyurethane foam to ensure optimal cooling.
- The unique insulation ensures no potential for global warming and ozone depletion.
- This IGBC certified bear-resistant cooler comes with two lock holes for enhanced security and safety.
- It may not give high-quality ice performance like other rotomolded coolers.
Small Rotomolded Coolers
Coming in all sorts of shapes & sizes, there are different sizes for each occasion. Why choose a small roto molded chest? As they are compact and small, they provide more versatility and mobility which is lacking in larger models. Also, consumers that don’t need many supplies for a trip wouldn’t need a large storage space. That’s when you need a smaller model to cater to your needs.
DeWalt 10 Qt
- T.O.U.G.H. Roto Mold Design stands up to the roughest treatment and ensures temperature optimization under great heat
- Easy-Open Cam Latch System provides secure closure and the reinforced insulation provides superior ice retention that keeps food and drink cold for days
- Heavy duty Handle for comfortable transporting and integrated Bottle Opener for convenience
- Accessory Friendly - Integrated Ice Pack Storage Area (Dimension: 17.09" (L) x 11.18" (W) x 11.1" (H); Weight: 7.95 lbs)
- Perfect for taking to the job site, backyard barbeques, campgrounds, sporting events, etc.
Non-slip rubber feet provide grip and hold the cooler from sliding. Besides, there’s a cup holder in the lid to help keep your drinks without frequently opening the cooler.
With many features, it integrates a bottle opener which is attached to the lid. Easy carry handles make carrying a breeze. Thanks to the compact size, it can fit into tight spaces, making it a perfect lunch box cooler carry to a job site.
- Enjoy temperature optimization under great heat and withstand any treatment with its tough rotomolded design.
- You’ll enjoy secured closure with the cooler’s easy-open cam latch system.
- Its integrated bottle opener ensures optimal convenience, and its heavy-duty handle ensures easy transport.
- It’s an ideal affordable cooler for taking on work, backyard barbecues, sporting events, and more.
- We haven’t found any significant drawbacks of this product yet.
Cascade Mountain Tech Rotomolded Cooler
- Extra thick insulated walls
- Heavy-duty rubberized latches
- Double rope handles
- Extremely tough roto-molded construction
- Certified Bear-Resistant
This cooler by Cascade is one of the best small rotomolded coolers that we’ve ever seen. It is made of an extremely tough rotomolded construction design, which makes it virtually indestructible. Moreover, its premium features like molded lock planes, rubber latches, recessed no-leak drain plug, nylon rope handles, and non-slip plug enables you to use them on any trip or tour you take on. Its internal dimension is 21” x 9.12” x 12” and its exterior dimension is 27.75” x 17.37” x 16.87” along with a weight of 33 pounds. It is IGBC certified bear-resistant when locked appropriately. Whether it’s camping, fishing, or a simple backyard barbeque, this rotomolded cooler will be ideal for all your needs.
- It has extra thick insulated walls with up to 3-inch of foam for maximum ice retention up to 10 days.
- Its durable construction protects it from forest creatures, and the cooler is IGBC certified bear-resistant.
- Heavy-duty rubberized latches ensure hassle-free closure and better cold retention.
- Its durable rope handles ensure a comfortable grip, whereas the non-slip feet allow it to be used and kept under any surface
- We haven’t found any significant drawbacks to this product yet.
Cheap Rotomolded Coolers
Premium coolers cost an arm and leg. Just joking, hypothetical speaking. Owing to its process of construction, the price tends to be steeper. If you are on a budget and you need something just as tough and rugged as premium options don’t give up hope yet. There are many roto-molded coolers on the cheap side. With just less than $200, you can find an affordable model that is constructed robustly to last years of use.
- Ice Retention up to 3-6+ Days
- Life time warranty on the entire cooler
- Roto- Molded Construction
- High Density Foam Insulation
- /Thick Rubber Inner Gasket/Built- In Stainless Steel Hinge System
Mammoth utilizes a double-walled and thick foam insulation to provide a strong product that can hold ice for extended periods. The freezer grade gasket aids in sealing off the lid and base from any air flow. The stainless hinge system allows easy pivoting, while the rotating handle is padded for a comfortable grip.
It features a durable latching system, and thick rubber feet to prevent the cooler from sliding off on surfaces. There is a large draining spout to drain water quickly.
- It comes with rotomolded construction and high-density foam insulation to ensure optimal durability and ice retention.
- This cooler enables a built-in stainless steel hinge system and a thick rubber inner gasket.
- This cheap/affordable rotomolded cooler comes with a lifetime warranty.
- You’ll get aid in sealing off the lid and base against airflow by using the freezer-grade gasket.
- The comfort in grip with its handle may not be as good as the ones in other coolers.
Monoprice Pure outdoor Emperor Cooler
- Buy with Confidence: With Monoprice's Lifetime Warranty on all Cables, you can rest assured we stand behind our products and our customers.
- The durable rubber anchor latches are augmented with steel reinforced padlock holes at both front corners
- Tie-down slots on each side allow you to use with tie-down straps to keep your cooler from sliding around
- Stress-free, low-pressure rotomold construction makes our Coolers durable to their very core and virtually indestructible.
- Keep cold items cold for more than 130 hours or hot items hot for more than 150 hours
Durable latches plus steel reinforced padlock holes make the cooler resistant to grizzly bear attacks. With tie down slots, it makes a very good marine chest, as it ensures your cooler stays unmoved against rough waters.
- It allows you to keep hot items hot for 150 hours or more and cold items cold for more than 130 hours.
- The low-pressure, stress-free rotomolded construction makes the cooler virtually indestructible and durable to the core.
- Each side has tie-down slots that enable you to use tie-down straps to protect your cooler from getting skidded around.
- Its durable rubber anchor latches are attached with reinforced padlocks to ensure maximum safety.
- The duration for ice retention is less than other rotomolded coolers.
Roto Molded Coolers with wheels
The heavy nature of the rotomolded production of coolers is perhaps its biggest disadvantage. Quite bulky especially when filled, you need two hands to move it around. This might get even strenuous moving it over considerable distances. So what now? Have you ever heard of coolers with wheels? If you have then you should know that rolling your cooler is far more pleasurable and gratifying experience than lugging or lifting.
The then problems of rotomolded chest were they didn’t integrate wheels to their coolers. However, things have changed now, and we are starting to see top brands include wheels to ice chests. Here are some brands with rugged wheels for every terrain.
RovR 80 Quart Wheeled Cooler
- ★HIGH PERFORMANCE, PUNCTURE-RESISTANT TIRES! Our coolers ride on 9-inch all-terrain tires mounted on five-spoke aluminum hubs. They’re fast, agile, durable and awesome in sand.
- ★UP TO 10 DAYS OF ICE! That's what you get when you combine a rotomolded, elevated body with an airtight gasket and thick foam insulation.
- ★LARGE CAPACITY: Without Deepfreeze dry bin installed: 120 cans and 20lbs. of ice. With Deepfreeze dry bin installed: 88 cans and 10 pounds of ice in main compartment and over 6 bottles of spirits upright, 10 pound sealed bag of ice, 50 quarter pound burgers, a full slab of ribs, and an assortment of breads, fruits and vegies in dry compartments.
- ★DRY STORAGE BIN INCLUDED: Deep Freeze removable Dry Bin with 2 compartments *BikR Kit sold separately *Table and Cupholder sold separately
- ★Winner of the MEN'S JOURNAL 2018 GEAR OF THE YEAR Award for the most feature-packed cooler!
There’s a wagon bin integrated on the lid to help pack extra supplies without making extra trips. Available in three color outfits; Desert, Moss, & Powder, you have many colors to choose from.
This cooler could have been perfect aside from the fact that it’s made from cheap plastic. It’s a cooler you will fall in love with at first sight.
- It comes with 9-inch all-terrain puncture-resistant tires, which are mounted on five-spoke hubs made of aluminum.
- Its rotomolded and elevated design, along with thick foam insulation and air-tight gasket, ensures ice retention for up to 10 days.
- It ensures a large capacity to hold cans and ice.
- This product comes with a deep freeze removable dry storage bin, including two compartments.
- It is made of cheap plastic, which may not be durable.
- Care instructions: wipe clean
- Interior Dimensions ( L x W x H )-23 x 14 x 11.5 inches
Another exciting feature is the butler tray to serve drinks and folds under the lid when not in use. Searching for drinks especially in the night can a pain in the ass. Well, it doesn’t have to, the LED lights provide lighting for you to pick your drinks without disorganizing items.
- This cooler comes with 360 degrees lighted interior LED lights powered by LiddUp.
- Its oversized wheels come with a ground clearance of 10-inch and superior traction.
- With the comfort and leverage of telescoping, locking, and horizontal handle, you can pull your loads 50% easier.
- Its premium, rust-resistant stainless steel screws, along with lightweight marine-grade aluminum accessories, ensure maximum durability.
- We haven’t found any significant drawbacks to this product yet.
Why Rotomolded Ice Chests?
What is it with this coolers? Why are they regarded as the toughest and costs a bit high than regular coolers? Well, you’ll find out below
Rotationally molded coolers have inherent strengths from thick inches of polyurethane foam insulation, combined with sturdy latches to provide a tight seal. The thick walls are there to hold all the ice in, while the latches block out heat from getting into the chest.
Tough Construction – Overall Sturdy Build
One of the major highlights of a rotationally molded cooler is its ability to take abuse a regular cooler can’t. Therefore, they are built with tough and UV resistant materials. Even when exposed to the harsh weather, they can successfully pull through. And that my friend, justifies their hefty price tag.
IGBC Bear resistant certified
These hard-sided coolers are tested by the Interagency Grizzly bear committee (IGBC) and are certified bear-resistant after meeting all the criteria.
The IGBC control the structural and design standard for bear-resistant chest. The good news is all the cooler on this list are officially approved by the IGBC.
Best Insulated Coolers – Wrapping it up
As you could tell from the Best Rotomolded coolers review, there aren’t a lot of quality cooler brands that can compete with the ones on our list.
While rotationally molded ice chests are becoming popular, the price is a cause of bother for many. However, spending a few dollars over a high-end cooler will save you the trouble of busted latches, leaking, low ice retention and much more.
Yeti Rotomolded chests are the most expensive of the bunch. However, there are a lot of Yeti alternatives on the market costs half than Yeti and still offer the same performance.
Finally, these coolers are pumped with twice the insulation than average ice chests. Furthermore, it’s overall design is engineered to last a lifetime of use. If you are tired of changing coolers now and then as a result of sub-standard quality, why not bank of the Rotomolded coolers.
They’ve been tested and proven to take anything you throw at it. What are you waiting for? You can check out the top coolers currently available in the market.