Last Updated on May 28, 2021
According to the World Health Organization, breast milk is the best nutrition for babies. It further recommends that newborns be exclusively breastfed up to six months after they’re born. One of the must-have items in your breastfeeding arsenal is a cooler. Since it is a crucial investment to keep baby’s milk always fresh, nutritious, and free from harmful microorganisms, only the best baby bottle cooler bag is acceptable. Of course, you can also use the same for water bottles and formula.
- 1 Best Baby Bottle Cooler Bag for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
- 1.1 1. MOMIGO Diaper Backpack with Cooler & USB Port
- 1.2 2. CURMIO Diaper/Bottle/Laptop Bag for Working Moms
- 1.3 3. Yarwo Travel Tote Diaper & Cooler Bag
- 1.4 4. LUXJA Laptop Rucksack Cooler Bag with Breast Pump Compartment — BEST LAPTOP BAG WITH BOTTLE COOLER
- 1.5 5. GOGOSO Office Tote/Backpack/Shoulder Bag with Bottle Cooler & USB — BEST MULTIWAY OFFICE BAG WITH BOTTLE COOLER
- 1.6 6. COSTUBE Convertible Diaper Bag with Insulated Bottle Compartment — BEST BOTTLE COOLER FOR TRAVEL
- 1.7 7. V-COOOL Backpack Diaper Bag with Cooler — BEST DIAPER BAG WITH BOTTLE COOLER FOR TRAVEL
- 2 Best Baby Bottle Cooler Bag: Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Baby Bottle Cooler Bag for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
So here, we found 7 products that meet the make and design you need to keep baby’s milk fresh but also built for your own convenience.
Detailed reviews are further down below. Let’s start with a quick run-down of key features as follows:
1. MOMIGO Diaper Backpack with Cooler & USB Port
- Bottom layer insulation
- Headphone port
- USB charging station port
- Back pocket with zipped
- Thickened straps
We choose the MOMIGO diaper bag for any occasion. That’s why we’ve labeled it as our Best Overall pick. It’s also priced midway — neither cheap nor expensive. Best of all, it’s so functional, you can use the insulated bottom for other purposes. Yes, that includes keeping your lunch hot or your drinks cold whenever you’re on-the-go or headed to your daily work grind.
- Carefully designed to store everything you need from bottles to your laptop.
- Padded straps makes carrying it around comfy and convenient.
- Eco-friendly material makes it the best choice for nature-loving mums.
- USB and earphone ports make it easy to connect and access compatible devices.
- Requires hand washing or spot cleaning every once in a while.
- Interior space may be limited if you’re planning to take more baby stuff beyond an extra pair of diapers.
2. CURMIO Diaper/Bottle/Laptop Bag for Working Moms
- Detachable and transparent compartments
- Padded laptop compartment
- Padded straps
Unlike the MOMIGO Diaper Bag, the Curmio Bottle Cooler allows you to access the insulated bottom layer without having to detach the lower part entirely. Instead, you can use the zipped open window compartment at the front. The interior also opens up widely, giving you easy access to everything you need to retrieve. It also allows you to pack everything tightly and neatly.
- There’s an inner padded compartment to store your laptop safely.
- Additional inner compartments made with transparent material are included to store smaller baby stuff.
- A detachable inner divider is supplied which gives you the freedom to use it continuously depending on your needs.
- Padded straps make it easy on your shoulders to stay comfy.
- It lacks a back pocket where your wallets, cards, and mobile can be more securely stored.
- It’s bulky and heavy which makes it not very good when you’re expecting to walk a lot.
3. Yarwo Travel Tote Diaper & Cooler Bag
- Side pockets
- Padded interior laptop sleeve
- Back pocket
- Reinforced stitching
This bag is all about getting the best value time and time again. That’s because other than using it as a bottle cooler, we’ve used it for so many other purposes — even for shopping! If you like going to the park and having picnics, this one will be a great companion for you too. You may even use it to pack refreshments for everyone that you’d like to stay cold. Or, perhaps even something warm.
- It’s so versatile, I’ve used it often even when I’m not carrying baby bottles or other baby stuff.
- Either of us can conveniently carry it around.
- We’ve had this for many years and we’re happy to note that stitching still stays intact.
- It can get pretty painful on the shoulders if you have your laptop and baby bottles in there at the same time.
- There’s no way to wear it as a backpack.
- The straps are not padded which makes it inconvenient to wear when it’s heavy.
4. LUXJA Laptop Rucksack Cooler Bag with Breast Pump Compartment — BEST LAPTOP BAG WITH BOTTLE COOLER
- Window style front pocket
- 2 side pockets
- Padded laptop compartment
- Extra compartments
- Back cushion
If you’re tagging along the little one to work or meet ups, this is the best laptop and cooler bag for the job. Its unisex design and palette is already a plus point for mum and dad duos like us. You’ll find this very useful most especially whenever you need to drop off your baby or toddler to your spouse. There’s no need to unload everything and drop it in another bag. Just dump this cooler bag and have everything else you need in another.
- It looks great whether it is the mum or dad wearing it.
- Several compartments inside and outside makes it easy to organize both baby stuff and work stuff.
- Front window design gives you easy access to baby’s bottles.
- There’s enough space on the front pocket to fit in your breast pump too.
- One of our friends tried it when she saw me wear it one time but said her Spectra breast pump did not fit in the front compartment.
- There would have been more space if the front pocket contents do not consume the interior space.
5. GOGOSO Office Tote/Backpack/Shoulder Bag with Bottle Cooler & USB — BEST MULTIWAY OFFICE BAG WITH BOTTLE COOLER
- Use in 3 ways: shoulder bag, backpack, and handbag
- 2 insulation bottle pockets
- Additional interior and back pocket compartments
- USB charging port
Just because you’re nursing a baby does not mean your style has to take the backseat. This bag from GOGOSO totally wipes off that stereotype. It’s fashionable make and structure makes it a great accessory to carry around even when you’re power dressed and strutting in your stilettos! But well, that also means that only mum can handle it, unlike the Yarwo Tote which is unisex.
- The bag is compact, structured and light when empty.
- It’s design is so versatile that it can be used simply as any ordinary carry on bag.
- There’s plenty of compartments inside to keep everything organized.
- The only drawback is that space is limited to carry either 3 7-oz. 6 5-oz. bottles.
6. COSTUBE Convertible Diaper Bag with Insulated Bottle Compartment — BEST BOTTLE COOLER FOR TRAVEL
- Aluminum insulation
- External insulation pockets
- Padded shoulder straps
- Reflective textile paint
Simply said, this product is the best baby bottle cooler bag for mums with babies below 1 year of age. It’s totally one-of-a-kind and the design was well thought-out. It’s a sleek, compact bag that can be transformed to literally set an infant inside for anytime, anywhere diaper change. This makes changing so much more hygienic. You can also use it when you need a place to lay down your baby when he or she is asleep.
- Expandable design makes it convenient and functional for both mom and baby.
- Wet and dry compartments help keep everything neat and tidy.
- USB and audio ports make tinkering with your devices easier even when nursing your baby.
- Waterproof material keeps moisture from the bottle in and accidental spills out.
- It can be tedious to put the bag back together but some practice will make things better.
7. V-COOOL Backpack Diaper Bag with Cooler — BEST DIAPER BAG WITH BOTTLE COOLER FOR TRAVEL
- Large interior capacity
- Waterproof and leakproof
- Padded back and straps
- Interior and exterior compartments
A little bit of floral pattern can up the style of your bottle cooler. Our best use for this bag is long road trips. It’s quite big and bulky in terms of structure. But, from a more positive angle, that also means there’s more space to store baby’s stuff inside. We highly recommend it for overnight trips or weekend staycations at your favorite local hotel with the little in tow.
- Spacious interiors and compartments fit anything and everything you could possibly need.
- Built-in bag stand keeps the bottom side clean and off the ground.
- It can serve as baby’s overnight bag when you’re planning an extended trip away from home.
- There’s no padded compartment inside to store your laptop or tablet securely.
Best Baby Bottle Cooler Bag: Buying Guide
As you know, coolers can be costly. But, they don’t have to be. The secret to getting the best bottle cooler bag really is to stick to the functionality you want to enjoy but, most importantly, need.
Here are the top six features to consider when you’re planning to buy a cooler bag for baby bottles.
Design & Functionality
What do you need this bag for anyway? Of course, it’s for helping you manage feeding your baby. But, you must have other considerations.
Are you looking for a cooler bag you can take on long road trips or to a long haul flight? Do you just need something for weekends at the mall or when visiting the park? Do you need a bottle cooler bag to store your breast milk while you’re away or at the office?
Before shopping for this product, make sure your purpose and intentions are clear. There’s a bottle cooler bag out there that would totally suit your needs, your purpose, and even your personality. Don’t forget to choose something that you’ll be proud to carry around because it’s stylish and it matches perfectly with your outfits.
Having a baby is like camping whenever you’re out of the house. Anybody who has ever had a baby can relate. The things you need to pack and the things that you want within reach ‘just in case’ go on forever — endlessly.
So, while you make sure that your bag can accommodate all the things you need to bring for your baby, for yourself, and perhaps for the rest of your family, pay attention to the bag’s interior, compartments, and how heavy it weighs. Be kind to yourself and shop only what will feel comfortable for your back and shoulders.
Be extra careful when you’re making your choices about which cooler bag to get for your baby bottles. There are a number of bags that make that claim of keeping milk safely stored for hours. But, what really makes bottle cooler bags different is the insulation. This is one feature you want to be particularly nosy about. After all, it will spell all the difference in keeping your baby safe.
Who wants to be carrying around a dripping bag? Check that the cooler bag you’re eyeing is made with waterproof fabric. In fact, this becomes so much more important when you’re planning to use ice packs.
Some cooler bags are also made with materials that allow you to store the whole bag in the fridge. Plus, it’s always good to keep your bag neat and tidy. So, take note of how easy or difficult it will be to maintain the bag’s neatness and cleanliness.
How many bottles are you looking to store anyway? About how many ounces of breast milk are you expecting to express while you’re away from home?
If it’s your first time being a mum, you must also know that another better alternative to store milk, whether breast milk or formula, are storage bags. That way, you can fit even more milk into your cooler bag if you need to. Make sure to buy only sterile storage bags specially made for storing breast milk. For formula, make sure your storage bags suit the brand of bottle lid and nipple you have.
Check the handles and straps. Consider how the bag is structured and how you will be carrying it around. Some cooler bags like the LUXJA Laptop Backpack are perfect for working mums who need to bring their laptop and keep both hands free at the same time.
We personally loved globetrotting with the COSTUBE Convertible Diaper Bag when our son was just an infant. We find it’s perfect for smaller kids who need diaper change. It also keeps the whole process easier to do anywhere on-the-go while also giving you and your baby the privacy you need while doing so. We also like how we can keep the whole process neat and clean, and have the choice not to make our son share diaper changing areas. All that space in a one, sleek bag!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can you keep breast milk in an insulated bag?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), breast milk can be stored safely in a cooler bag with ice packs for up to 24 hours. Without the ice packs, viability of breast milk varies depending on insulation and material used. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions for safe storage. If this is not available, always ask the seller or, contact the distributor.
Do you need a cooler bag for breast milk?
Breastmilk is best for babies. But, just like formula, it also spoils within 6 hours unless stored in the fridge. If you’ll be away from home or intend to express breast milk while you’re away, the best way to keep breast milk fresh is to store it in a cooler bag. If you expect to be gone for several hours, it is best to use a bottle cooler that is waterproof and where ice packs can be stored.
How long can I store prepared formula in a cooler bag?
Prepared formula should be given to your baby within two hours. On the other hand, freshly expressed breast milk stays safe and viable for up to 6 hours.
Take note that some environments will be hotter or colder depending on where you are. If you cannot immediately feed formula to your baby, the best thing to do is not to prepare it until your baby is ready to be fed. In some instances, you’ll find your baby fast asleep after you’ve prepared it.
Then, the next best thing to do is to keep it in the fridge where it can stay viable for up to 24 hours. If you’re outside your home, you may keep it in a cooler bag but make sure to use it within 4 hours. Ice packs stored in your cooler can keep the milk viable for up to 24 hours.
Can I store breast milk or formula in a cooler bag after it’s been warmed?
No. All warmed milk, whether breast milk or formula, must be immediately consumed. At room temperature, warmed milk can stay viable for up to two hours in cold to moderately warm natural environments. If you live in areas with hot, tropical weather, most especially where the surrounding temperature can be extremely hot, warmed milk can spoil sooner.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the vast variety of choices available when you’re shopping for the best baby bottle cooler bag. Refer to the buying guide above to put together your shortlist. As you make your final decision about which product to buy, keep your and your baby’s unique circumstances in mind.
Take your time, compare, and always check reviews from previous buyers to make sure you get exactly what you need and what you’re paying for.