Last Updated on November 25, 2021
It’s impossible to work efficiently on an empty stomach, especially for manual labor. A home-cooked meal is just what you need to keep going. The best cooler for construction workers can ensure that you have fresh food to enjoy on your lunch breaks, as well as keep various hydrating beverages to keep you from getting thirsty during your work day.
We handpicked the best coolers for construction workers and reviewed them. You can choose one that meets your capacity from the multiple models available.
- 1 Best Cooler for Construction Workers for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros Cons
- 1.1 1. Igloo Profile Cooler Series
- 1.2 2. DEWALT 10Q Roto Molded Cooler
- 1.3 3. Igloo Quantum 12 Quart Cooler
- 1.4 4. Igloo 25Qt BMX Cooler – Most Durable
- 1.5 5. Igloo Playmate Cooler – Most Stylish
- 1.6 6. Klein Tools 55600 Work Cooler – Most User-Friendly
- 1.7 7. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler – Most Innovative
- 2 Buying Guide for the Best Cooler for Construction Workers
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Cooler for Construction Workers for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros Cons
You can choose the best cooler for construction workers by referring to the specific characteristic that determines its delivery. The table below has the best models and some of their qualities. We picked and tested products we thought would contribute to your every day life with their useful features. So, take a look at this table.
1. Igloo Profile Cooler Series
- Foldable handle
- Media slot
- Cool riser technology
- Integrated pouring channels
- Thermo cool foam
You are guaranteed to enjoy your lunch breaks more when you have this cooler. One of the most convenient things about this cooler is that it has a foldable handle.
The foldable handle plays a significant part in ensuring that you have an easy time with storage. It also comes with a media slot for you to place your phone and accessories as you eat.
It has sufficient insulation to ensure that its contents stay cool and fresh throughout the day. The insulation in this cooler is thermocool foam, which turned out to be very effective in our tests.
Ensure that you follow the manufacturer’s guide on maintenance of this cooler so you could use it for a long time. It’s affordable and worth considering.
- Igloo Profile Cooler series comes with an innovative design. It is cool riser technology that controls the cooling effect.
- It has a sufficiently high capacity to carry food, including drinks.
- Carrying it is easy, and it does not get in your way.
- It keeps the contents cool for a long time at a go.
- It might require adding ice packs in to enhance its cooling abilities.
2. DEWALT 10Q Roto Molded Cooler
- Reinforced insulation
- Heavy-duty metal handle
- Integrated ice pack storage
- Bottle opener
- An easy-open cam latch system
DEWALT 10Q Roto-Molded Cooler can endure the roughness around construction sites. Its primary purpose is to ensure that your food stays fresh throughout the day, even during summer.
The insulation in this cooler is revolutionary as well since it’s reinforced. Its design allows it to retain ice so food can stay cold and fresh for days.
If you are looking for something easy to transport, this model is perfect for you. It comes with a heavy-duty metal handle and easy open latch systems to ensure you have an easy time with it.
Within it are an integrated ice pack storage area and a bottle opener. A great thing about this cooler is that you can use it on other occasions besides work.
- It has adornments of accessories that ensure user convenience.
- You are assured an easy time when transporting it since it has a heavy-duty metal handle
- It is durable.
- Application areas for this cooler go beyond work.
- It is somewhat heavy.
3. Igloo Quantum 12 Quart Cooler
- Cool riser tech
- Lockable lid
- Ergonomically curved backside
- Self-draining cup holders
- Dry storage compartment
Similar to the DEWALT 10Q Roto-Molded Cooler, this one is also easy to carry. The only difference is that you carry this one on your back because it has a curved ergonomic backside that allows you to do this.
Also, it has a lid that ensures that all the cooler contents are intact. It is a convenient feature knowing that the terrain in a construction site can get rough at times.
This cooler comes with plenty of space to place your items like keys and phone. It also features self-draining cup holders, which helps prevent a mess from forming in the cooler.
It is the kind of cooler you get when all you want is convenience. Everything about this cooler spells out user-friendly.
- It has a lockable lid to secure contents.
- There’s no need for you to keep checking on cooling since it has cool riser tech.
- The design in this cooler allows it to hold different kinds of bottles.
- It provides storage for your items since it has a dry storage compartment.
- You might experience issues with insulation in this cooler.
4. Igloo 25Qt BMX Cooler – Most Durable
- Blow-molded construction
- UV inhibitors
- Rust resistant
- Stainless steel hinge
- Rubberized T-grips
- MaxCold body
- Cool Riser Technology
Some coolers are fragile and unlikely to survive being used on a construction site, which is not the case with this cooler. It has a heavy-duty blow-molded design and a durable base, ensuring it is easy to handle in rough terrain like on construction sites.
Although this cooler is sturdy, it is also lightweight. You can comfortably carry it from one spot in your construction site to another. It’s the kind of model you buy when looking for convenience.
Also, it is rust-resistant and has a T-grip latch to keep the lid secure. The fact that it has UV inhibitors to protect the cooler against the sun shows you the manufacturer’s attempts to ensure the best user experience.
The insulation in the cooler is more outstanding than many options. It works to ensure that ice lasts up to even four days without meeting. Its cool riser technology also plays a role in ensuring that the inside stays cool for a long time.
You are at an advantage when you buy this cooler because of its flexible application possibilities. For instance, you can take it with you on your fishing and ceasing trips when you are not working.
- This cooler comes heavily accessorized to ensure convenience for the user.
- It’s rust-resistant to ensure that you use it for a long time without experiencing rust issues.
- The rubberized T grip ensures that carrying it is easy.
- It features a cool riser’s technology to enhance its cooling capabilities.
- Some parts like the screws can come off after getting overwhelmed by movement.
5. Igloo Playmate Cooler – Most Stylish
- Top Push-button
- Tent shaped locking lid
- Diamond –plate texture interior
- Secure lid
- Molded-in handle
The Igloo Playmate Cooler is another model that we felt belonged in our review for several reasons. For starters, it has a top push button that ensures you have an easy time operating it. The push-button only needs you to use one hand to get the cooler open.
Unlike other coolers with regular features like the Igloo Quantum 12 Quart Cooler, this one has a unique trademarked design that ensures distinction. Its tent-shaped locking lid is essential since it helps you pick out your cooler easily when there are other similarly looking coolers around..
It would take time before you ever have to replace this cooler. It’s highly durable, with an exterior outfitted with a rugged diamond plate texture. This design ensures that it can withstand being used every day and on construction sites.
The design of this cooler ensures that it does not spill its contents. Also, it has a lid that swings on either side to allow you easy access to the contents of the cooler. Buy this cooler for its stylish design and impeccable performance at keeping your food cool and fresh.
- It has a rough diamond–plate textures exterior.
- It is easy to handle since it has a trademarked tent-top design.
- There are no spills with this cooler. It features a secure lid to manage this.
- It is big enough to accommodate plenty of food and drinks.
- It lacks storage space for items like keys or a phone.
6. Klein Tools 55600 Work Cooler – Most User-Friendly
- Inner storage compartments
- The lid opens at 90 degrees
- Shoulder strap
- Stainless steel hinges
We loved the fact that this cooler can keep cool for up to 30 hours. Even on hot days, it still manages to keep food that cool. Having this cooler ensures that you don’t go hungry or thirsty for a single day as a construction worker.
The capacity of this cooler, at 16 liters, allows you to take as much food as you would like to work. There is plenty of room for extra snacks to share with your colleagues.
You could sit on this cooler, and it wouldn’t break. It’s a handy place to rest on a busy day, besides being cooler. Once you’re done using it, you can carry it on your shoulder at the end of the day to take it home.
It’s a user-friendly model with extra storage space and easy access. It is one of the best choices you will ever make as far as convenience goes.
- There is an extra storage compartment inside this cooler for small items like napkins.
- The lid opens at a 90 degrees angle, giving you sufficient access to the contents inside.
- It does not rust and has stainless steel hinges which makes it long-lasting.
- It is easy to carry around the rough terrain in construction since it has a shoulder strap.
- The strap may not support the cooler’s weight, and it would be best to use it cautiously.
7. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler – Most Innovative
- Zipperless lid
- HardBody liner with SmartShelf
- Triple-layer Cold block base
- Exterior zippered pocket
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Rhino –Tech water resistant
Another product that we found befitting our review is this one. As one of the best coolers for construction workers, this cooler comes with multiple features that would work for you.
Everything about this cooler is revolutionary. For instance, it has a triple layer Cold block base, ensuring that the cooler’s contents stay cool.
It is also easy to carry since it has a shoulder strap. There is extra storage on it in its exterior zipped pocket as well. It will work for you if your construction site has a lot of water.
It has waterproof resistance, which ensures that your food stays warm. This cooler is an excellent present if you are looking for a gift to get someone close to you.
- The manufacturer designs this cooler to provide maximum insulation for contents.
- It has a shoulder strap which makes it more portable.
- You can take it to construction sites without worrying about damage since it has a HardBody liner with SmartShelf.
- The Zipperless lid ensures that you have easy access to the cooler’s contents.
- It requires adding ice to the cooler to enhance its cooling capacity. Some coolers can automatically adjust coolness.
Buying Guide for the Best Cooler for Construction Workers
Certain things should be at the top of your mind when buying the best cooler for construction workers. Missing to check on one or two things could end up causing you to own a model that does not meet your needs.
Construction work is manual and requires you to eat a lot of food and keep yourself hydrated during the day. You need a cooler that can accommodate a large amount of food and drinks so you don’t end up without enough to get you through the day.
Even when considering the size of your cooler, it’s also essential to ensure that you get cooler in a size that you can easily carry. Your cooler needs to be big enough to fit enough food and drinks for a whole day, and it shouldn’t get in the way of your work as well.
The importance of insulation is ensuring that the contents of a cooler stay fresh on hot days. Choosing a cooler with a high cooling capacity ensures that food lasts for at least ten hours. Klein Tools 55600 Work Cooler can go up to 30 hours.
Even with that, you still have to use ice packs to ensure freshness. Airtightness is also part of insulation, ensuring that dust and dirt don’t get into your food.
Construction sites always have debris that could crush your cooler. Therefore, it is essential to have a cooler that can withstand such an environment.
Go for a heavy-duty cooler that is not easily breakable. Rugged construction ensures that you don’t have to worry about replacing it every other time and that your food doesn’t get squashed.
When food stains get on a container, they might fail to come off. The best you do is get a cooler that can get to its original state once you clean it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean up a cooler?
Cleaning a cooler requires using warm soapy water and a cloth. It works best if you empty the melted ice first before cleaning.
Even better is when you have a cooler with a removable liner that is easy to clean. Look out for a guide on your cooler for cleaning instructions
Can you pack drinks in a cooler?
When packing drinks in a cooler, they should be in tight containers to prevent spilling. Also, when your drink is milk, it should be cold enough to ensure it lasts throughout the day. If you want to have cold water, you can place ice packs next to it in your cooler.
How does cooler keep content cool?
Different brands offer different duration of how long their coolers can keep food cool and fresh. The average time food can last in insulated containers is 3-5 hours. It is better to read the indications on a cooler before buying it to be sure.
What is the best way to keep lunch cold in a cooler?
Some coolers come with an inbuilt ice compartment, and you can put ice packs in that spec to elevate their cooling ability. If that is not an option, you can keep the cooler in the refrigerator.
As a construction worker, it’s essential to ensure that you don’t miss a single meal, especially lunch. Having the best cooler for construction workers for your lunches is necessary. All you have to do is ensure that you don’t compromise quality when purchasing a cooler for yourself. Follow our review and guide to help you make a choice.