Last Updated on December 17, 2020
Finding the best fishing cooler/ Insulated Fish bags is difficult, and that’s because not all insulated fish coolers are made the same.
I prefer using insulated fish bags as they are more versatile, you can put them away when not in use, and they don’t take much space. On the other hand, fishing coolers hold ice longer.
So if you want to make a decision on which one to buy, you’d have to know the type of product ideal for your needs. We’ve curated top of the line fishing coolers and Insulated fishing bags to make your search fruitful.
- 1 Best Fishing Cooler & Insulated Bags For Fishing Enthusiast
- 2 Fishing Cooler Vs. Insulated Fishing Bag
Best Fishing Cooler & Insulated Bags For Fishing Enthusiast
To make things easier for you, we’ve handpicked the best fishing coolers and insulated fish bags which have been tested by reviewers to be on a class of their own.
|Product Name||Ice Retention Rating||Price|
|Reliable Fishing Products Kill Bag||4.0|
|Canyon Insulated Fish Cooler Bag||4.0|
|Elkton Insulated Fish Cooler Bag||4.0|
|Coleman Coastal Xtreme||4.5|
|Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler||4.3|
|ENGEL USA Dry Box||4.5|
Reliable Fishing Products Kill Bag (20×48-Inch)
- KEEP YOUR CATCH FRESH- Our insulated fish bags are UV and mildew resistant
- EASY TO CLEAN- Washable, Mildew, and UV resistant
- HANDLES - Approximately equivalent to 85 quart Ice Chest
- HASSLE FREE - Drain Plug for Easy Cleaning
- SPECS - Dimensions: 20"H x 48"L at zipper, 12" x 36" at base
If you are looking for an all-round marine bag at an affordable price, you’ll love the reliable fishing product. This bag has always been durable; it’s also easy to stow away and can keep your catch fresh for days.
The interior is made of high-quality liner that is resistant to mildew, and leaks. While the exterior utilizes UV resistant fabric to reflect the scorching rays of the sun.
Gusseted bottom rests on any surface and allows the cooler to hold more fish. The drain plugs drain water entirely while increasing the ice period.
Additionally, some users find that is easy to clean, while it’s also odor and stain resistant. A reviewer boasted “with a single wipe” all the stains and odor go away. Well, you don’t have to take his word for it, just try it for yourself.
While it doesn’t hold ice longer than high-end coolers, it gets the job done. However, with a steep price, it might have enough to keep your catch and yourself happy.
Heavy duty and comfortable handles
Resistant to mildew and punctures
Provides more versatility options than hard coolers
Provides enough storage to fit in your catch
Insulated and keeps ice longer than average bags
Some people found the bag to have poor stitching which leads to incessant leaks.
CANYON Insulated Fish Cooler Bags – All Sizes
- Voted 2016 "Gear of the Year" for Insulated Fish Bags by Florida Sportfishing Magazine!
- Heavy-duty 2-inch web handles allow for easy carrying or hoisting to conserve deck space - no more bulky coolers! - Canyon Fish Bags can be customized with your logo or Boat Name.
- Heavy-duty heat-sealed, fiber-interlaced skin construction does not leak so your boat stays clean - Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA - Lifetime Warranty
Here is one of my personal favorites. This insulated fishing bag is a bit of investment, but if you really want a great bag to stow your fish for more than a year, you’ll need something like this.
The Canyon bags are reckoned by fishing enthusiast as one of the best, mainly because of the internal linings which keep ice. The heavy duty web handles allow people to carry the bag with ease.
Another nice thing is the fiber laced exterior skin which doesn’t hold dirt. It has a self-cleaning feature, a heat-sealed construction, drain spout, and the once inch foam insulation enhance the cooling performance.
Keep in mind this bag comes in different sizes of 30, 40 and 60 inch high bags, for every occasion there’s a perfect canyon size for it. For people that want made in USA products, you’ll be happy to know that the bag is made in the USA.
Finally, the fishing bag has a lifetime guarantee; if it’s broke, canyon will fix it.
Comes in various sizes
It includes a life guarantee
Great construction to stow away and keep fish fresh
A bit pricey
The zipper doesn’t hold off water
The One inch insulation doesn’t hold ice in sunny conditions
Elkton Insulated Fish Cooler Bag
- FRESHER LONGER: Extra efficient double walled closed cell insulation ensures your fish will stay fresh all day -Simply add ice to keep your fish fresh and delicious!
- COMPACT & CONVENIENT: The three point folding system, easy grip zipper and shoulder strap makes this fishing cooler easy to store, carry and use. This is the perfect solution for kayaks and small boats
- EASY TO CLEAN: Premium non stick interior lining paired with an attached rear drain plug allows you to quickly and efficiently rinse out your fishing cooler to have it clean and ready for your next fishing trip
- RUGGED & DURABLE: Built with puncture resistant material and paired with extra durable zippers, reinforced stitching and top quality components so your fish cooler bag will last for years to come
- WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS: Open: 40(L) x 16(H) Folded 13(L) x 16(H) Weight: 1.4 Lbs
If you want a great compact and convenient fish bag, then it doesn’t get better than the Elkton. This bag, which by the way, can have heads turned, also has double wall insulation to keep your fish fresh. It also has a lot of helpful features that will make you cling to it before you go fishing.
The interior lining makes it odor and stain resistant; there is a plug at the rear that allows for complete water drain. It includes sturdy zippers, and the three-point folding is something most users will appreciate.
For easy transport, it implores a shoulder strap that’s comfortable for everyday use.
Concerning versatility – the Elkton wins. Thanks to the three folding points, the bag wouldn’t get in the way of gears, giving you enough space on the boat.
Interior liner makes easy to clean
Odor & Stain resistant
Double inch insulation for extended ice period
Maximum versatility – features three folding points that collapse the cooler to fit small space
Some users received the cooler in bad conditions
Coleman Coastal Xtreme Series Marine – Best Cooler For Fishing
- Xtreme Technology; Insulated lid and extra wall insulation keep ice up to 5 days in temperatures as high as 90°F
- High Capacity: Holds Up to 100 Cans
- HAVE-A-SEAT LID: Closed lid supports up to 250 lb.
- Cup Holders: Molded Into the Lid to Keep Drinks Close and Prevent Spilling
- COMFORT-GRIP HANDLES: No-crush design with positive stop for pinch-free carrying
Options, yes. The Coleman Xtreme coastal gives you options. First off, it’s an affordable fishing cooler, the holds ice longer than the insulated bags and many more. who doesn’t want more options?
The Coleman Coastal comes in various sizes of 20 – 120 quarts. Insulated lid and thick walls provide days of ice. Although the manufacturers claim 6 days of ice retention at 90 degrees Fahrenheit, some users felt otherwise as their cooler didn’t reach the 6 days mark. Well, in real life situations most people recorded a maximum of 3 days of ice.
It features an exterior that helps reflect UV rays from the sun. Hence the cooler can last a long time without a blemish on the surface. The lid is very thick, and people can sit on it and relax. The hinges are made from stainless steel, so it doesn’t break easily.
Comes in various sizes
Reflect Uv rays and hold ice better than fishing bags
Thin-walled – might get dent after a fall
Flimsy carry handles
Igloo Marine Ultra Cooler
- UV inhibitors protect against sun damage.
- Non-slip, comfort grip swing up handles add comfort and improved grip in wet conditions.
- Hybrid” latch is stainless steel where it matters – in the hinge area – while plastic in the snap area for longer life and a secure closure.
- Hinges made with Riteflex resin, an impact resistant, highly flexible, temperature and chemical resistant material.
- Rust-resistant stainless steel lid strap and screws are designed to survive harsh marine conditions. Search terms (optional) : Cooler
Another cheap small cooler that you can hit the waters for fishing is the igloo marine ultra cooler. Ultratherm insulated body and lid adds to the sturdy build of this marine ice chest.
The interior compartment has a stain and odor resistant liner. You will appreciate how easy it is to wash the cooler and have all the odor gone.
Carrying a cooler especially when it’s filled with drinks has never been easier, the marine ultra is equipped with comfort grip handles to lift and transport the ice chest.
Coming in different sizes and shapes ranging from 28 – 162 quarts, fishers can find the perfect size for various needs. That said, some of the bigger quart sizes incorporate a measuring ruler in the lid to measure the catch size.
This is the ideal cooler for you if you want one of the best fishing cooler that keeps your catch fresh and is simple to use.
Odor and leak resistant
Comes in various sizes
Ultra-therm insulation gives you longer ice time
The drain plug allows complete water purge
The bigger quart sizes have a measuring scale in the lid
Flimsy handle and latch construction
Poor hinge construction – According to users, the lid falls off after some time of use.
ENGEL USA Cooler/Dry Box, 19 Quart
- bait-container, bob19, coupon, prop65
The Engel USA is one of the most popular fish ice chest on the market among fishing enthusiasts. Between its lightweight build and remarkable cooling performance, it’s easy to see why.
While rugged in design, there is a nice simplistic appeal that will make you love the Engel. It also has 4 pole holders to keep flags, umbrella etc. This feature enables it to be perfect for kayaks and boats.
That said, the cooler offers much storage to fit in 24 cans. Also, the molded polystyrene insulation keep your stuff cold. The handle in the lid provides easy lifting and transport. With a solid base, the cooler wouldn’t slide off from its sitting position.
If you want a dry & multi-purpose cooler to keep your fishing gears, this ice chest is for you. Both this Engel USA and reliable fishing products kill bag which was reviewed earlier are favorites.
Long ice retention
Rugged, lightweight build
It comes with a holder to keep your flags, golf umbrella etc
Thin walls – would easily break from strong impacts
Fishing Cooler Vs. Insulated Fishing Bag
The question here is fishing cooler or insulated fish bag.
Insulated bags tend to be cheaper, but fishing coolers offer more ice retention, which keeps your catch fresh for days.
Additionally, a cooler will last more years of abuse and use.
An insulated fishing bag, on the other hand, provides convenience to stow catch. Lastly, it is important you know the function you want to employ either products. For short trips, I’d recommend you choose insulated bags. But for longer trips, fishing coolers hold ice more making them the best choice.
So here you have it, our top fishing coolers and Insulated fishing bag. If you think any cooler should have made it to our list, kindly let us know via the comment section below.