Last Updated on March 30, 2021
The Home bar is the hub of your home.
A savvy friend once said it’s like the library to the body.
With the bottles lined up on those shelves, you can pick any drink depending on your mood.
Toss some ice cubes into your cup and pour the cocktail. Watch the bubble as it fizzles, and the ice makes the drink cold.
It’s such a satisfying feeling, at least to me.
In essence, a drink is only as good as you savor it. Therefore, the need to have a stable ice supply becomes paramount.
Now to ensure you don’t run out of your ice, you need a good home bar ice maker that fits into your décor, produces ice fast, operates silently, and is energy efficient.
All these we’ve considered before putting together a list of the best portable homebar ice makers you should consider.
- 1 Best Homebar Ice Makers – Table Comparison
- 2 Home bar Ice Maker: Things To Consider Before Buying
Best Homebar Ice Makers – Table Comparison
Vremi Countertop Ice Maker
- Build A Better Beverage: Ditch annoying ice cube trays and clunky freezer ice, and treat yourself to beautiful bullet-shaped cubes with Vremi’s Very Nice Countertop Ice Maker.
- Quick Ice, And Lots Of It: Cool cubes are ready in just 8 to 10 minutes. This slick small kitchen appliance produces a whopping 26 pounds of ice per day, and holds up to 1.5 pounds of ice in its included bucket. Can’t use it all at once? No worries: Store the extra cubes in your freezer till it’s time for your next drink.
- Compact With Killer Design: Measures 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches and fits nicely on most countertops, with a 2.2 liter water reservoir that recycles water from melted ice to produce more cubes. Runs at an energy-efficient 120 watts with a quiet cooling compressor.
- Loaded With Smart Features: Helpful warning lights alert you when it needs a refill, and the machine automatically shuts off when its basket is full. Comes with a cute little serving scoop. No complex installation here: Just position it upright and let the coolant settle for 24 hours before first-time use (standard operating procedure for all ice makers 🙂
- We’re Here To Help: If you experience any issues with your Vremi Nice Ice Maker, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right.
The vremi is perfect for your home bar; it makes ice fast, portable, and packs many nifty features. In 9 – 10 minutes it produces 9 chewable ice cubes and goes high as 26lbs in a day. It’s perfect for your cocktail cup, given that ice weighs just 8 grams.
Space is important in your home bar; you wouldn’t want to buy a unit that would eat up much space, a portable option here is only ideal.
Now, this unit measures 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches and weighs 23.6lbs, which is by every standard compact and relatively light.
There are great features like the automatic shut-off when the ice basket is full or when water is low. You will enjoy the silent operation too as it runs below 40 decibels.
It boasts of an efficient operation; with the 2.2-liter water reservoir integrated under the ice basket, melted ice is recycled to make fresh ice again.
When it comes down to anything that will pass through your throat, you want to ensure it is safe and healthy to the body.
Indeed, the Vremi is ETL and FDA approved. It comes with a basket and ice scoop which is sold together with the unit but will cost you a little more.
- Great build quality
- Silent operation
- Portable & Compact
- Fast ice making
- Intelligent features
- Ice melts quickly
Opal Nugget Ice Maker – Editor’s Choice
- COUNTERTOP SIZE - With its elegant design, the Opal will wow your guests before they even try the delicious ice it makes. Measures at 15.5 x 10.5 x 17.2 inches - The perfect size for any countertop in your home. Installation Clearance - 3 inches, sides and back
- QUICK AND POWERFUL - Within only 20 minutes, you?ll be enjoying soft, crunchy ice, just like the ice you love from your favorite restaurant. The Opal produces 24 lbs of ice per day, and the bin holds 3 lbs at a time
- SMART - The Opal is bluetooth equipped, so you can set up your ice making schedule from the convenience of your phone using the free FirstBuild app. It senses when the bin is full of ice, so it won't overfill
- PORTABLE - No water hookup required, just plug it into any 120v grounded (standard) electrical outlet and fill the reservoir with water. As ice melts, the water returns to the reservoir, where it will simply be made back into more ice. Reservoir Capacity - 2.5 quarts
- Water Quality - Use potable water only, 12 gpg (205 ppm) or less mineral hardness
If there’s any ice maker contest, regardless of size and output, the Opal if genuinely analyzed, will make it to the top three.
Opal nugget ice maker would fit into your décor as it has a flawless design that will grab the attention of onlookers.
The highlight of the unit is the smart feature; it has a unique app called FirstBuild app, which connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. It alerts you when the ice bin is filled, and you can turn on/off the ice maker from your smartphone.
Talking about portability, this machine measures 15.5 x 10.5 x 17.2 inches; you can keep this on your homebar while it makes ice or on your countertop.
Making ice is a breeze, installation is not even needed, add water, plug in the ice maker. It takes about 20 minutes to get the first batch of soft, chewy ice. In a day, Opal dishes out up to 24lbs of ice and the bin can hold 3lbs of nugget ice.
It comes with handy accessories like the;
Opal Side Tank – The tank is fixed to the side to produce about 3x more ice without constantly refilling the water reservoir.
Opal Water Filter – As the name implies mitigates the effect of chlorine, taste, and odors in the ice. The lifetime is limited to 3 months; after that period, you need to purchase another unit. Yes, it comes with a limited 1-year warranty, if it’s broken call the customer service to get the problem fixed.
Opal Cleaning Kit – It comes with different cleaning materials that remove stains, odor, and molds. In fact, we advise readers to have routine monthly maintenance, at least once in a month.
Finally, Opal is our top option in the home bar space, and you can see why. It is portable, and unlike any portable cooler comes with important kits that make ice making fun, easy, and safe to use.
- Great and alluring build
- Packs many smart features
- Makes 3x ice than most residential ice makers
- Quiet and efficient operation
- A bit pricey
Chilla Portable Countertop Ice Maker
Chilla is an excellent company with many products under their belts, and their countertop ice maker is not here to tell otherwise.
Looking at the unit, you will notice that it has a great round-shaped designed and excellent finish. Users will be proud to place it on their homebar with pride and will surely attract some compliments. I can guarantee, having used this model myself.
One thing we love is the massive production of this unit. It’s impressive that a residential ice maker could make up to 50lbs of ice in a day. At the time of writing this, it has the most massive ice making performance.
It has ample 4-liter reservoir to ensure you never run out of water to make chewable, soft bullet ice. It measures 13.5 x 13.5 x 15 is a standard unit for countertops or your homebar.
The numbers of satisfied customers have testified on the reliability and quietness of the chilla ice maker.
This model keeps on giving; 5 free bonus ice bags come with the unit. It is important for users that will like to store ice in the freezer for later use.
Operating this model is not rocket science, add water into the reservoir, plug the cord to a socket, press on and wait for some minutes to enjoy the ice.
- Amazing quality and aesthetics
- Fast ice making
- Quiet and reliable operation
- Massive ice production
- Comes with reusable drawstring bags
- A bit pricey
- It’s a new product on the market but great nonetheless
hOmeLabs Freestanding Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- Intense Ice Making Power: We’ve made our commercial ice maker to always be there when you need it. It is capable of producing 99 lbs of ice in 24 hours and quickly makes 45 pieces of clear ice in one cycle within 11-20 mins. With 29 lbs of storage capacity, it holds enough ice to be enjoyed by all
- Freestanding Design with Essential Accessories: Its freestanding design lets you install the ice maker anywhere inside your home, pantry or restaurant. Just make sure to always have a water outlet near your unit. This 17.6 x 15.7 x 31.4" clear ice cube maker has a sleek, rust-resistant stainless steel interior and comes with a full set of accessories including an ice scoop, water supply hose, water supply connector and a water draining hose
- Commercial or Large Household Use: Ideal for restaurants, hotels or big households that often require a constant, large quantity of ice. The 1.2L water tank hooks directly to a water supply, so you don’t have to worry about filling it up like conventional countertop ice makers. Only connect the appliance to a potable water supply
- Easy-to-Use Controls: Intuitive control panel has LCD indicator for displaying water and ice making functions. The ice making time and thickness of the ice cubes can be adjusted by pressing the (+) or (-) buttons. Also equipped with an automatic cleaning function. Before first use, clean the ice machine and keep it in an upright position for 24 hours
Yes, the hOmelab freestanding ice maker is not ideal for countertops or space conscious individuals.
It’s massive and best for commercial use and large houses. Compared to all the units on the list this unit is the large as it measures 17.6 x 15.7 x 31.4 inches and the average size is just about 12 x 13 x 12.
It might not sit on your countertop, but you can keep this model on the floor of your homebar.
By far, the hOmelabs unit has the most ice production power and produces up to 99lbs of ice per day.
It’s also the quickest too, per number of ice to time ratio, producing 45 cubes of ice in 11-20 minutes.
Capacity; 29lbs of storage is sufficient to hold enough to start a house party and yes ice last longer in the insulated ice bin.
Fora large model like this, it features an easy control with the ON/OFF button anda + and – button to adjust the thickness ofice.
It comes with an ice scoop, water supply hose, water draining hose, and supply connector. You’ll need a handy knowledge to install this unit. The manufacturers advise users to clean the machine and keep it upright for 24 hours.
Overall, this unit is suited for customers that need an enormous supply of ice for parties, BBQ, restaurant, offices, and to cater to a large crowd.
- Massive Ice production
- Extreme fast at ice making
- Ample Ice storage
- Easy Controls
- It’s quite heavy
- Eats up space
Colzer Electronic ice maker Portable Countertop
- ✅ 【 HIGH EFFICIENCY】:Makes 9 ice cubes in about 6-13 minutes,Produces up to 33 pounds of bullet shaped ice per day.With 1.5 Litre water tank capacity,you can make plenty of ice ahead of time to have on hand, You can add it to your juice, chill your beers, make smoothies, ice cream, seafood etc.
- ✅ 【PORTABLE AND COMPACT】: The portable and compact design make it possible to work anywhere, such as party, gathering, RV, boat, or kitchen,ktv etc.
- ✅ 【MODERN DESIGN】:Modern Compressor Refrigeration technology, see-Through Window on Top Allows for Process Monitoring & Ice Level Checking.
- ✅ 【 EASY TO USE】: No installation required;just fill the water reservoir(2.2L), plug it in and wait for the ice to form,And ice maker has an easy to use control panel and comes with a BPA-free plastic ice scoop and a removable ice basket with the capacity of 1.3lb. And there is no noise during ice making
- ✅ 【LOW NOISE LIFE】: Our Ice Maker with a whisper-quiet motor, reduces noise effectively, say “Goodbye” to noisy and bulky machines and life.Please make sure to turn on the ice maker one day after receiving the product (Refrigerant return from transportation may cause poor cooling effect). Ice machine is not a freezer, better take out the ice cubes and use them immediately.
The Colzer electronic ice maker is another portable ice machine that would blend to your décor like it was made for it.
It takes 7-15 minutes to produce up to 9 ice cubes and 26lbs of bullet-shaped ice per day. 1.8L of water tank provides a steady supply of mater for uninterrupted ice supply.
Weighing just 16.5lbs, it’s incredibly light and allows for easy transport. It’s portable at 12.2 x 8.1 x 12.5 inches and can be used for RV, camping, Rv, boat, etc. It’s equipped with a quiet compressor that works consistently without jams.
The unit does not have a freezer compartment, but an insulated compartment which manages to hold ice.
Colzer machine requires no fancy installation, read the manual, and in no time you can start making ice properly.
The See-through window makes it easy to monitor the ice level. Removal ice basket and ice scoop make transferring ice into cup easier.
Indeed, this machine is smart as it features an auto-shutdown feature to turn it off when the basket is full, or water runs low.
If it gives you an unsatisfying experience, the product comes with a 1 year warranty. Call the customer service to get your unit fixed.
- Portable and light
- Feature Smart features
- Easy to use
- Great construction build
Home bar Ice Maker: Things To Consider Before Buying
When it comes to buying the best ice makers for your home bar, due diligence ought to be taken to ensure you end up with the right choice.
Now, there are many options in the market, but a home bar ice maker is not like any ice maker. Here are some few things you need to consider before you make your first purchase.
Most home bars try to keep it simple; a decent size is enough. However, some home bars can easily pass for a theatre (Pun intended), But you get it right? It depends.
If you lack enough space, it is best you go for a portable option that won’t eat up much space.
Again, most portable ice machines do not require any complicated setup. To get ice, you have to add water, plug it to a socket and wait for the ice.
For people with sizeable spaces can venture into commercial models like the hOmelabs, which is quite massive compared to the portable options.
Compact ice makers are relatively light in weight and allow for easy transport. You can employ them in your kitchen, or camping, fishing, or about any activity that requires movement.
Heavy ice users should go for the larger ice makers which cost more. Also know that you will sacrifice mobility, convenience, and portability.
Nobody has time to wait for ice for form for long hours. You want to have your ice no sooner have you turned the power on button.
The average ice maker should be able to produce ice in 10-20 minutes, anything above that is lethargic and not ideal for residential use.
The best fastest ice makers can make ice in 7 minutes. Considering the aforementioned, you should always check the ice time of an ice maker before you whip out your purse.
Storage and Performance
Even if your machine produces ice fast, it is important it has decent storage to store the batch of ice. You don’t want your bin to get overfilled frequently as it could be quite laborious trying to empty the ice.
The sweet spot is a 2lbs storage capacity; rest assured, it can hold a reasonable amount and safe you the unnecessary stress.
Another thing is the insulation, yes, the storage compartment should be able to prevent the ice from melting quickly before you transfer it into your drinks or a freezer.
There are ice makers with freezers which can keep your ice for hours even after it’s formed but they are steep.
Performance wise, the machine should be able to give a consistent production of ice without jamming.
The ice makers onour list havebeen tested to offer a performance that produces up to 20lbs of ice orabove.
Before you make a purchase, seriously read reviews from first hand users to know how good the performance of the said ice maker.
A portable ice maker should not be too expensive. Anything above $500 is an overkill, there are affordable options in the market that perform incredibly useful for lesser than that price.
Different models have different prices, while more expensive options are mostly better that’s not always the case. Choose a product that does not surpass your budget, there is no need to make an extravagant purchase if an affordable ice maker can offer what you need.
Where to Buy Homebar Ice Makers?
The best option is on Amazon. You can also get them from their manufacturers but amazon has tons of reviews on the product you want to buy.
You can get informed knowledge from customers that have used the product, you can quickly know through the reviews if a product is ideal for you or not.
There you have it; the best home bar ice makers in the market.
There are plenty more ice makers out there, so if you are looking for something aside the once on our list, we hope the few tips above can guide you on that path.
Whatever model you choose, make sure that you follow our maintenance tips and remember that maintaining your ice maker is integral in creating soft, clean and chewy ice.
If you consider all our advice, we are sure that you will find an ice maker that is perfect for your needs.