Last Updated on July 29, 2021
Do you have a favorite coffee that you drink every morning and take to work every day? Does it become lukewarm and undrinkable after an hour?
Or maybe you pour a chilled beer into a tumbler for a small get-together, only to find a warm, unpleasant drink when you arrive.
If this describes you, it’s time to make a smart investment on an insulated tumbler.
The best insulated tumbler with straw comes with a vacuum and double wall design to regulate the internal temperature of its contents, be it coffee or ice beer.
Insulated tumblers are perfect for holding liquids, cold or hot. They are fitted with an airtight locking lid for temperature regulation and crafted from glass, plastic, or stainless steel for long-lasting use.
- 1 Best Insulated Tumbler with Straw for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
- 1.1 1. Chill Cups Insulated Stainless Steel Tumbler
- 1.2 2. MalloMe Bearclaw Tumbler
- 1.3 3. Atlin Tumbler Travel Mug
- 1.4 4. Contigo AUTOCLOSE Double-Wall Tumbler — Best for mixed shakes
- 1.5 5. THERMOS FUNTAINER Stainless Steel Kids Bottle – Best for kids
- 1.6 6. Greens Steel Blossom Tumbler – Best for cool and hot beverages
- 1.7 7. Simple Modern Classic Insulated Tumbler – Best scratch-proof
- 2 Best Insulated Tumbler with Straw: Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Insulated Tumbler with Straw for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
If you love ice coffee, you will probably be aware that it is a waste of plastic to use to-go cups every day. Luckily, the best insulated tumbler with straw will reduce the need for single-use plastic. They offer convenience and comfort that a disposable cup does not provide. With so many options on the market, it can be confusing to settle for one that will best suit your lifestyle. The table below highlights our top picks and their characteristics at a glance.
1. Chill Cups Insulated Stainless Steel Tumbler
- 30 Fluid Ounces
- Stainless Steel material
- 01 Pounds
The Chill Cups Stainless Steel Tumbler is a double-walled, vacuum-insulated cup that kept our drinks cool for the whole day and maintained warmth for about 7 hours.
We love the premium packaging that includes an 8mm straw, straw cleaner, and a stainless steel cup. It is the perfect insulated tumbler for drinking while on the move. Also included in this mix is a cork coaster – a gift from the manufacturer.
Having a cat that loves sharing your water cup during the night is gross. Even worse is waking during the night thirsty to find that your hydration has the same taste as your cat food. The Chill Cups Stainless Steel Tumbler has a tight-sealing cap; your furry friend won’t even know there is water around.
This product has a stainless-steel casing and a sliding mouth cover that makes the unit slip and drip-resistant. It is suitable for use in a car cup holder, golf cart, and a bicycle water-holder. The screw-tight seal makes it perfect for lunch. It comes with a 5-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
- This tumbler will keep your liquid cool for 24 hours.
- It is suitable for both hot and cold drinks.
- The package comes with a straw and a straw cleaner.
- You will get a Chill Cups cork coaster as a bonus from the manufacturer.
- The stainless steel can add a slight metallic taste to black coffee.
2. MalloMe Bearclaw Tumbler
- Screw tight leak-proof lid
- 30 Fluid Ounces
- Stainless Steel
The MalloMe Bearclaw Tumbler is one of the best insulated stainless tumbler with straw on the market. During our test, we found that the MalloMe Tumbler maintains significantly high temperatures better than many products from leading competitors. While it also consistently maintained the temperature of cold drinks.
We love the embossed MalloMe’s logo on the outer stainless steel. It gave this unit a unique and attractive design. The narrow bottom makes it a perfect fit for a standard-sized cup holder.
This product is a 6-piece insulated tumbler that includes: stainless steel straw, straw cleaner, 2 leakproof lids, a removable handle, and a 30oz (1.13 kg) insulated tumbler.
One standout feature differentiating this product from others on the market is the leakproof seal found on the two lids that accompany the package. This tumbler will never spill its content no matter how intense your movement. The rubber plug spout is recommended for cold beverages and sliding spout for hot drinks.
This tumbler is perfect for both hot soups and drinks. And will hold heat for at least 12 hours and ice for 24 hours. All component parts are dishwasher safe.
- This product comes with a stainless steel straw and straw cleaner.
- It comes with a removable handle that encourages one-hand operation.
- It will maintain ice for 24 hours and heat for at least 12 hours.
- This tumbler is designed for a standard-sized cup holder and won’t fit into any smaller space.
3. Atlin Tumbler Travel Mug
- Stainless Steel
- 30 Fluid Ounces
- Snug Insulation
Our best value product is the Atlin Tumbler Travel Mug. It is a vacuum-insulated, stainless steel tumbler that comes in a sleek finish. Plus, it has a metal straw and screw lid that prevents spills. It features two layers of insulation targeted at maintaining internal heat for at least 6 hours and cold drinks for a minimum of 24 hours.
The tightly sealed lid is transparent and has a mouth hole that remains in place when you take a sip. The transparency means you can gauge the level of your beverage inside the container. The lid has a secured screw lock that ensures no spills when you are on the move.
The tumbler body is 100% stainless steel, with the straw crafted from BPA-free plastic. It is safe for storing both hot and cold consumables. The exterior design is grip-friendly, and the entire unit, dishwasher safe. The package includes a 30-fluid ounce container, a steel straw, and its cleaner. It is safe for drinking while driving.
- It has a transparent lid that helps to gauge the level of the drink inside the container.
- This insulated tumbler comes with a stainless steel straw and cleaner.
- The product is completely dishwasher safe.
- The lid needs to be completely sealed to avoid spillage.
4. Contigo AUTOCLOSE Double-Wall Tumbler — Best for mixed shakes
- Tritan material
- 3 Pounds capacity
- 75 pounds (0.34 kg) of weight
In the over 2,000 reviews we read about this tumbler, one word stood out: “love.” We found phrases like I love this product, and I use it every day. I love that when I take my straw out, the top-hole auto-seals, helping the unit to become seal proof.” And “I love the lilac color, and I love that I can mix water and powdered ingredients and shake without making a mess.”
Some reviewers praise the sweat-proof and sturdy property of this tumbler. A reviewer wrote, “I accidentally drop this tumbler once every 3 weeks; I have seen no cracks or issues so far.” Others agree it is perfect for drinks that need mixing, such as cold-brewed coffee, protein shakes, and instant cool beverage mixes. Another reviewer commented, “no spills, no leaks, no issues at all no matter how hard you shake it.”
Another selling point users love about this product is the straw; as one commented, “it is sturdy; when I pass the straw through, the little door opens and holds the straw firmly in place. When I mistakenly drop the tumbler, it drips a little just around the straw and does not spill on the ground.”
There you have it. 4.8 stars out of 5 in over 2,500 reviews can not be misleading. We agree this product is one of the best insulated tumbler with straw on the market in 2021.
- This tumbler is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- It comes in a durable shatter-resistant plastic body.
- It is a perfect fit for most car cup holders.
- The straw is rigid and does not fold.
5. THERMOS FUNTAINER Stainless Steel Kids Bottle – Best for kids
- 12-ounce capacity
- Durable stainless steel
- Vacuum insulation technology
While the double-walled THERMOS FUNTAINER is not described as leakproof, we found that it kept liquid at bay when we clicked shut the lid during our test. With the gentle push of a button located in the front of the lid, it opens. We are impressed with the angled straw it comes with that ensures kids do not need to tilt their heads when they drink from this tumbler.
This product is designed to hold 12 ounces of beverage and will keep its contents cold for a minimum of 12 hours. Kids love to drink water a lot; you can expect that before 12 hours, the content of this tumbler will have been exhausted. But you can be sure that any time your kid opens the tumbler to take a drink, the water will always be cold. Another standout feature about this product is it never sweats. But be aware that it is designed specifically for keeping cold liquids cold. This can’t store hot beverages.
Our team has had this product for seven months, and it’s still as good as new. The exterior designs are not worn or scratched and have zero dents. Plus, no leaks or holes in the lid or straw.
- This tumbler is top-rack dishwasher safe.
- It is crafted from high-quality materials that meet strict manufacturing guidelines.
- It comes with a kid-friendly handle and a pop-up straw.
- It is not designed for storing hot liquid.
6. Greens Steel Blossom Tumbler – Best for cool and hot beverages
This tumbler is suitable for individuals who love to drink early morning coffee and fruit smoothies at noon. It is a product that can handle both cool and hot beverages. It comes in powder-coated housing that ensures the paint is smooth and looking new all the time.
The tumbler comes in durable double-wall insulation and a copper lining that maintains temperature. And an 18/8 food-grade metallic construction that never scratches or rust. One standout feature is the electro-polished exterior that keeps the insides sparkling clean. For the past 6 months of using this tumbler, we have recorded no unwanted odor or metallic taste in any beverage.
The Greens Steel Blossom Tumbler has a lid that prevents spills and leaks and houses two unbreakable straws accompanying the tumbler. The curvy straw is recommended for clear liquids like water, while the wide straw is for shakes or smoothies. It is BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and comes in three sizes and 17 colors. You will be getting a free straw cleaner and a gift box from the manufacturer.
- This tumbler comes with a durable copper lining for optimal insulation.
- It is crafted from BPA-Free, Shatterproof, unbreakable Tritan plastic.
- The package comes with a gift box from the manufacturer.
- It does not come with a handle.
7. Simple Modern Classic Insulated Tumbler – Best scratch-proof
- 5 pounds (0.68 kg) capacity
- 69 pounds (0.31 kg) of weight
- 18/8 Stainless Steel built
The Simple Modern Classic Insulated Tumbler has a transparent lid with a folding snap that completely seals the container opening and prevents spills.
We love the vacuum-insulated, double-walled design that keeps both cold and hot drinks at optimal temperatures for hours. This tumbler kept a cold coffee with ice cubes chilled for a whopping 9 hours, winning it a spot on this illustrious list.
The unique design prevents condensation from forming on the cup’s external casing. And comes in a size that fits into standard cup holders.
This tumbler is crafted from 18/8 stainless steel. It is scratch-proof, rust-proof, and will last for years. This cup can be hand-washed, and dishwasher safe. Along with the tumbler, you will get two straws, a flip lid, and straws that are BPA-free.
- This tumbler comes with a threaded insulated straw lid.
- The stainless steel built makes it rust-proof and scratch-proof.
- It comes in a shape that fits regular-sized cup holders.
- It comes in a sleek and cute design.
- No significant cons
Best Insulated Tumbler with Straw: Buying Guide
There are different products to choose from, each with its own unique features, pros, and cons. This guide discusses the component parts of the best insulated tumbler with straw — the factors you need to consider before making a buying decision.
Many insulated tumblers are crafted from either stainless steel or plastic.
Stainless steel: for optimal temperature maintenance, go for a tumbler with double-wall construction and stainless steel built like the Chill Cups Insulated Stainless Steel Tumbler, THERMOS FUNTAINER Stainless Steel Kids Bottle or the MalloMe Bearclaw Tumbler. The following are the characteristics of stainless-steel tumblers:
- They are not microwave-safe.
- They can’t absorb odors or flavors of beverages.
- These tumblers are shatterproof.
- They are highly durable.
- And they are usually more expensive.
Plastic: if you prefer a plastic tumbler, ensure your pick has a stainless-steel internal construction for optimal temperature regulation and to prevent absorption of odors and flavors. An excellent plastic tumbler is the Contigo AUTOCLOSE Double-Wall Tumbler. The following are the characteristics of these types of plastic tumblers:
- They are easier to clean.
- They can absorb the odors and flavors of beverages.
- You can expect them to be less effective in temperature maintenance, like the stainless-steel tumblers.
- They are not as durable as stainless steel.
- They are less expensive.
The best insulated tumblers with straw come in many sizes ranging from 7 to 35 ounces (1.32 kg). If you will be traveling with your tumbler by car, ensure your preferred product will seamlessly fit your car’s cup holder.
The following sizes provide what to expect from different size ranges.
For 7 -10 ounces: Go for this size to bring one serving of beer or coffee with you on a journey.
For 12 – 16 ounces: This is a good size range if you plan on bringing two servings with you.
24-ounces or more: Go for this tumbler if you need five or more servings of beverages.
Whether you will be jogging, walking, or driving to work, you need to ensure your insulated tumbler will not spill or leak. This will come down in most cases to choosing a product that comes with the perfect lid. For spill-proof products, go for models with a screw-on lid like the Atlin Tumbler Travel Mug and the Chill Cups Insulated Stainless Steel Tumbler. This will lock firmly and won’t spill its content even if you accidentally drop the tumbler. Products with Snap-on lids may break when your tumbler drops, causing a messy spill.
Ease of use
Go for a portable tumbler. This means a product that is easy to use on the go. Models that support one-hand operation, so you can sip your drink while you drive or hold a conversation while standing. The best insulated tumbler with straw should come with openings that are easy to slide open or close. Or comes with an auto-close feature like the Contigo AUTOCLOSE Double-Wall Tumbler. So, you can sip a beverage or coffee with the straw in one hand while driving with the other.
Tumblers come with or without a handle. Some reviewers complain that a handle might disturb smooth usage of the tumbler, making it hard to carry. Others love the handles, as it helps to securely hold the unit.
The external casing of many insulated tumblers are smooth; thus, it becomes difficult to securely grip the tumbler without a firm handle. Go for a tumbler having a rubberized section on the exterior or any grip feature if you do not fancy a tumbler that comes with a handle.
When you are done drinking your tea or coffee, you will want your tumbler to be super-easy to clean. For easy maintenance, go for a dishwasher-safe product like the THERMOS FUNTAINER Stainless Steel Kids Bottle, Greens Steel Blossom Tumbler, and the Simple Modern Classic Insulated Tumbler. Products that are top-rack dishwasher safe.
If your preferred insulated tumbler requires hand-washing, ensure it has sufficient opening, so the insides can be cleaned easily. Plus, it should come with a lid that can be detached from the main body for thorough cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I drink coffee in an insulated tumbler?
You can hold hot coffee and other cold drinks in an insulated tumbler. Many insulated tumblers come with stainless steel interiors that do not absorb the odor or flavor of their content. The vacuum insulation in these tumblers will keep your beverages cold or hot for hours.
What are the best insulated tumblers in 2021?
The following are our best products
- Best Overall. Chill Cups Insulated Stainless Steel Tumbler
- Premium Pick. MalloMe Bearclaw Tumbler
- Best Value. Atlin Tumbler Travel Mug
- Best for mixed shakes. Contigo AUTOCLOSE Double-Wall Tumbler
- For kids – THERMOS FUNTAINER Stainless Steel Kids Bottle
- Best for cool and hot beverages – Greens Steel Blossom Tumbler
- Best scratch-proof – Simple Modern Classic Insulated Tumbler
Why is my Tumbler not holding ice?
The main reason why an insulated tumbler might not hold ice effectively is because of a loss of vacuum insulation. Tumblers with dents, manufacturing defects, cracks after an accidental fall can break the vacuum seal, thereby letting in air.
The best insulated tumbler with straw can be priceless. This tumbler will keep your cold beverages cold and your hot drinks hot. Whether you use it in your office, while driving, or plan to take it on a picnic. It is an excellent way to keep your liquids fresh.
We recommend that you go for an insulated tumbler of an appropriate size, easy to clean, and leakproof, especially if you will be traveling with it. Whatever you plan to use your tumbler for, you will enjoy many delicious liquids from it.