Last Updated on September 16, 2021
Aching to live your enthusiasm for wine everyday? It’s hard not to fall in love with wine once you’ve taken a sip. You don’t need to own acres of land to find someplace to set up your cellar. And if you’re serious about wine, you need to hear about the best thermoelectric wine coolers in town.
Get ready to be blown away when you find out what these things can do for you and your most beloved variety of wine.
- 1 Best Thermoelectric Wine Coolers for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
- 1.1 1. Whynter FWC-341TS 34 Digital Wine Ref
- 1.2 2. Karcassin SKR-1532SS Wine Cooler
- 1.3 3. BLACK+DECKER BD60026 8 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- 1.4 4. Antarctic Star Countertop 1.6cu.ft Wine Cabinet — BEST Reversible Door Wine Cooler
- 1.5 5. STAIGIS ST-15030 Stainless Steel Wine Cooler — BEST Built-In Wine Cooler
- 1.6 6. NewAir AWC-270E Wine Ref — BEST Freestanding Wine Cooler
- 1.7 7. Koolatron WC20 Thermoelectric Wine Cooler — BEST Touch Screen Wine Cooler
- 2 Thermoelectric Wine Coolers: Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best Thermoelectric Wine Coolers for 2021 Review: Key Features, Pros, and Cons
Seasoned sommeliers know wine requires storage that will keep it within a constant ambient temperature between 49 and 68 Fahrenheit. We found 7 of the best products that will help hold your favorite bottles within these limits.
That way, precious wine will never have to be exposed to warmer or colder temperatures. So, next time you pour in a glass and take a sip, you can rest assured all that aged goodness stays locked in. Even the cork is in its best possible condition!
1. Whynter FWC-341TS 34 Digital Wine Ref
- Stainless steel
- Freestanding or built-in
- Comes with 6 shelves
- Glass door cover
We were honestly pleasantly surprised at how this product performed compared to other wine coolers we’ve tried before. It’s highly versatile. We like to keep our wines in there but when the occasion calls for something more like beers and sodas, it works just as well in keeping these ice cold. Of course, when there’s wine in there, you can also easily adjust it to the ideal near-room temperature.
- If your collection includes expensive wines, you’ll be glad it comes with a security lock.
- Slanted display bottom shelf proudly puts up your collection for you and your guests to behold.
- Interior LED lighting makes your choice bottle easy to find and to retrieve.
- The elevated shelf permits opened bottles to stay viable until the next toast.
- This unit can be installed or left freestanding which makes it space-friendly.
- Different users will have different tolerance levels for the noise level produced by this unit.
- It may require to be set higher or else it creates a cluttered look in the room.
2. Karcassin SKR-1532SS Wine Cooler
- Stainless steel
- Freestanding or built-in
- 5 shelves with bottom storage
- Glass door cover
For us, what makes this the Premium Pick from among this list of the best thermoelectric wine coolers is the dual cooling technology that comes with it. What that allows you to do is to store not just wine but also your expensive bottle of whisky, cognac, or brandy. Yet, still leave the bottom layers dedicated for your favorite bottles of wine.
In terms of functionality, it’s a big win. But, any collector would want to put up his collection for everyone to see. Unfortunately, this unit wouldn’t allow you to do that. Quite honestly, this would have done even better if it had that slanted shelf which makes the Whynter FWC-341TS 34 Digital Wine Ref perfect for any personal bar.
- It comes with dual cooling zones so you can store your wines and spirits at the ideal temp.
- Stainless steel material guarantees the unit will last for a long time.
- The sleek and minimalist design makes it appropriate for almost any interior.
- Height is ideal for installing under the kitchen counter.
- Double-layer glass helps keep the cool air in while keeping heat from the environment out.
- It comes with a glass cover but all you get to floss are bottle bottoms.
- It might appear too industrial for an antique-themed home bar.
3. BLACK+DECKER BD60026 8 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
- Triple Glass Panel door cover
- Digital temp control panel
- Chrome shelving
How about all purchases come with a one-year warranty on labor and parts? And, at this price point, this one is definitely a steal! Another feature we liked about it is that it looks modern. It comes with chrome shelving and a matte black outer body finish. It’s absolutely elegant no matter from which angle you’re looking at it.
- You always know what’s going on inside — thanks to the digital temp display.
- Shelves are made of chrome giving it an appearance of class and better lasting ability.
- This unit is perfect for occasional wine enthusiasts who aren’t planning to store so much wine at any given time.
- It comes with a one-year warranty on parts and labor.
- Black+Decker is an established brand of consumer appliances.
- The space is quite limited and allows you to store just a max of 8 standard-sized wine bottles.
- This unit is intended as a freestanding unit only.
4. Antarctic Star Countertop 1.6cu.ft Wine Cabinet — BEST Reversible Door Wine Cooler
- Reversible glass door cover
- Low noise output
We don’t like that this comes with a manual temp adjustment. You know, if you’re keeping your wine at home, you don’t just want to keep the bottles on display. It will also be nice if the cooler temp is displayed at all times. That gives you peace of mind your expensive wines are never neither above nor below the ideal storage temp.
What we do love about this unit is that it’s frost-free and odor-free. In other words, this is low maintenance, baby! If you love your beers, this one stores them just as well as they keep your wine in pristine condition.
- This model comes in four size capacity variants — 1.6, 2.3, 3.2, and 4.4 cubic ft.
- A dual-pane glass door helps seal in contents painstakingly processed and aged.
- Perfect for storing your wines or for keeping your beers ice cold — you choose when.
- The internal fan keeps cool air circulating and evenly distributed at any given time.
- LED lighting helps you see what you need when retrieving your drink.
- Manual, rotary temp adjustment.
- It doesn’t display internal temp at any given time.
5. STAIGIS ST-15030 Stainless Steel Wine Cooler — BEST Built-In Wine Cooler
For the serious collector, have up to 30 different variants of your most preferred wines within reach at any given time. When you own this, you can keep them chilled all at the same time. What’s good is that you can also secure your wine collection.
- Concealed handles give it a seamless, sleek design.
- A reversible door cover permits you to retrieve your kind of drink from either the left or right side.
- Gives you enough space to store up to 30 bottles of your favorite wines.
- Despite its capacity, it’s sleek and slim — perfect even for bars with limited spaces.
- This product is so much pricier than most others but also comes with more space.
- Unlike the Karcassin SKR-1532SS Wine Cooler, this comes with single-zone colling only.
6. NewAir AWC-270E Wine Ref — BEST Freestanding Wine Cooler
- Stainless steel
- Inverter Type
- Double pane glass door cover
Total respect for your wine that doesn’t come with an over imposing presence in your room. Absolutely perfect for the recreational wine-sipping fan. We can see this unit fitting into almost any room set up, whether at home or your office. It’s also great that it comes with a security lock and key. Another important feature we like about it is that it’s inverter type.
- Inverter type saves you more on your energy bill.
- A total of 27 bottles of wine can easily fit in for your total bliss anytime!
- Adjustable shelves accommodate non-standardized bottle sizes.
- External temp display allows you to check on what’s happening inside from time to time.
- Other variants are available, including one made with wood shelving to match your space.
- Runs on an estimated 85 watts but it’s also inverter-type which benefits your savings
7. Koolatron WC20 Thermoelectric Wine Cooler — BEST Touch Screen Wine Cooler
- Digital Touchscreen Temp Control
- Inverter Type
- Double panel glass door cover
Techie spaces deserve techie, functional appliances. This Koolatron wine cooler can be easily introduced to any space whether at home or at your office. Whenever you find a reason to toast or none at all, this product will have you longing for your next cheers!
All you have to do is stock up, and Koolatron will take care of keeping your wines properly stored. Next time you feel like a sip, simply pop your wine open and enjoy your vino chilled to perfection.
- Removable shelves allow you to customize depending on your unique storage needs.
- Sleek and modern design is highly versatile and suits almost any space.
- Internal fan evenly distributes the cool temp inside.
- It’s slightly noisier than the others on this list but the noise output level is tolerable than most.
Thermoelectric Wine Coolers: Buying Guide
Cutting down your choices to a shortlist that actually helps you decide rather than cause you more confusion can be tough. But, when you want to make the effort worthwhile for the sake of your wines and for your personal satisfaction, the whole process feels less of a hassle and more of a reward.
So, before you embrace the coming of your wine-inspired lifestyle, think hard about which thermoelectric wine cooler will give you the performance your expensive wine and equally expensive taste deserve. Here are the factors you need to consider.
Dimension, Size, and Capacity
How much space do you have for a wine cooler? How many wine bottles are you looking to stock up on at any given time anyway? These are top considerations. Having a ready answer will help you significantly narrow down the vast number of choices available in the market.
Don’t just take an approximation. Start measuring. You wouldn’t want to regret your purchase long before you’ve even found a reason to pop the cork for a toast.
You didn’t think you’d get away with your lifestyle without a price, did you? Well, get ready to see a monthly augmentation to your bills.
To be exact, finding the wrong wine cooler will make your power bill surge. Being wise about what to buy now will spare you from unnecessary costs later. That is, if budget is a consideration for you like it is for most of us.
Wouldn’t you rather enjoy your wine in peace? Make sure to buy a thermoelectric wine cooler that doesn’t make rumbling noises more than it can keep your wine perfectly chilled.
Look for a wine fridge that has a low noise output as a key product feature. It may not seem much but you’ll thank us later for telling you so. Regardless of whether you want to set up your wine cooler at your home office or have a dedicated sipping space, keeping down the humming is always ideal and always a prerequisite to achieving any ambiance proper for sipping.
Built-In or Freestanding
How do you prefer your wine cooler? Would you like it installed in your space? Do you prefer it blends with the rest of your cabinets? In which case, the STAIGIS ST-15030 Stainless Steel Wine Cooler is clearly the best option.
If a freestanding unit is a welcome option then, you can worry less and start sipping more. There’s no need to stress that a freestanding unit doesn’t require special installation. If its appearance in your space doesn’t bother you much then, the NewAir AWC-270E Wine Ref will be a wise choice.
Appearance and Finish
The options are endless, alright? But, try to keep your focus. Find something that complements your space and that meets your taste.
If you prefer your wine proudly on display then, go for a wine cooler with a glass door. If you would rather keep your bottles concealed then one with solid doors will be a clear winner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any advantages of getting a Dual Zone wine cooler?
Yes, most definitely. It matters more if you’re planning on storing your whites and reds together in a single cooler. What do we mean?
Okay, so the ideal temp to serve red wines is between 59 and 62.6 Fahrenheit which is slightly higher than room temperature around spring or summer. But, slightly lower than refrigerator temp. White wine, on the other hand, should ideally be stored at temps between 45F and 50F.
A dual-zone cooler will help you achieve both in a single storage box.
Do I really need a thermoelectric wine cooler?
If you prefer to have your wines within arm’s reach anytime you feel like taking a sip, you’ll need one. One of the biggest mistakes people make when they store wine is that they think they can just buy it off of the shelf then store it away at home in the cupboards.
That’s precious wine that requires constant temp to maintain its pristine condition. You can only achieve this by storing it in a wine cooler.
Can I store my wine in the fridge?
Your fridge produces a temp that is well below the ideal wine ambient temp of between 45F and 65F. So don’t even think about storing your wine in the fridge. That goes for both unopened wine bottles and unconsumed wine leftovers.
Wine is one of the most exquisite luxuries afforded to men by nature. They’re always painstakingly made and aged to perfection. There’s a wealth of culture around it that wine enthusiasts and fans alike are almost compelled to embrace. That includes how it should be enjoyed and sipped.
Next time you’re planning to stock up on wine, think thoroughly about how you’re planning to store it. Consider doing the right thing. Shop the best thermoelectric wine coolers today.