Last Updated on December 17, 2020
Yeti coolers can be quite pricey. That’s why it makes perfect sense that some of us will be going to the market to seek the next best alternative: a Yeti knockoff cooler.
So, are you ready for the battle of the knockoffs?
Here, we’re not talking about those poor quality Yeti counterfeits that can’t keep anything cold for more than a few hours.
We mean high-grade Yeti competitors that won’t leave too big a dent in your budget. We’re all about quality and affordability together in one package.
Below, we’ll dissect our list of Top 7 Yeti Knockoffs that are as close to the real Yeti as you can ever imagine!
Come with me…
7 Best Yeti Knockoff Coolers – Rotomolded Ice Chests
Orca Coolers – Top Of The Crop
- Roto molded construction
- Integrated insulation
- Lid gasket for perfect seal
- 100% USA Made, Lifetime Warranty
- Lid Gasket to ensure a perfect seal
Are you looking for a premium brand that’s as Yeti-like as you possibly could find on the coolers market? Then search no more. Orca is what you exactly need if looking for that kind of quality!
Both Orca and Yeti have made top soft-sided coolers and ice chests their specialty. Enjoy the greatest variety in cooler sizes with Orca, with capacities ranging between 20 and 140 quarts available.
In this regard, Orca matches Yeti more than any other cooler on our list. But Yeti still beats them with their massive 350-quart Tundra while Orca keeps up the pace in the smaller capacity coolers.
Orca manufactures its coolers 100% here in the US (just like the vast majority of Yeti units), and thus quality is guaranteed. Besides, there’s a lifetime warranty for all the products you buy from them.
As for ice retention, Orca plays in the same top league with Yeti. It can easily keep its contents for as long as 11 days or even longer. That makes it a great option when going outdoors for extended periods of time yet want to retain your things extra cold.
Orca is also a fantastic choice as far as security is concerned. Its coolers have drilled-out corners that enable you to add extra padlocks if you feel that they’re necessary. Its latches are extremely secure, with the gasket, the lid and the walls of also being particularly strong and of high quality make.
Orca coolers have been roto-molded to enhance their strength and body stability. They can withstand just about anything they’re subjected to. It’s in this aspect that Orca coolers can easily match up to Yeti’s quality.
- INTERIOR DIMENSIONS - 17.50 x 11.00 x 13.70 (44.5 x 27.9 x 34.8 centimeters) EXTERIOR (L X W X D) 30.00 x 20.30 x 20.40 (76.2 x 51.6 x 51.8 centimeters) INT VOLUME: 1.53 feet³ (0.043 meter³ ) INSULATION THICKNESS: 2.00 inches (5.1 centimeters)
- EXTREME ICE RETENTION: 2 inches of polyurethane insulation with a 360 degree freezer-grade gasket delivers extreme ice retention
- FEATURES: Overmolded carry handle, 3 inch locking latches, reinforced lockable hasp, stainless steel bottle opener, anti-shear hinge system, molded-in tie-down slots
- FEATURES: 4 self draining cup holders, non-skid rubber feet
- MADE IN USA: Includes Pelican's legendary lifetime guarantee - "you break it, we replace it. Forever!"
This unit is perhaps the closest you can get to the real Yeti. Pelican has some of the most sought-after coolers under its stable, including the hugely popular Elite line. Their 10-day ice retention and insulation capabilities are excellent.
In fact, they almost match up to the real Yeti, only being beaten by a day or two! As for their insulation, Pelican coolers are state of the art. It’s among the thickest on the current market. Actually, it never falls far behind the kind of insulation you’d find on the real Yeti.
While the type of latches on Pelican coolers can’t really match the quality that Yeti’s T-Rex rubber latches bring on board, still they manage to maintain the lid securely shut. These may seem a little bit hard to handle for those among us who’re weaker, but they perform their function well.
Do you know that there’s something that Pelican beats most older Yeti coolers in? Yeah, their coolers are wheeled. For Yeti, they only started making wheeled coolers the other day with the launch of the Yeti Haul.
When you buy Pelican coolers, you also get a lifetime warranty (limited). This is fundamentally a statement of guarantee by Pelican that the product you buy from them will last for at least the specified period.
It’s not by chance that Pelican are among the most sought-after Yeti knockoff cooler brands on the market today. They know exactly what their customers want. They fully understand their business niche, and they’ve committed to satisfying their buyers’ needs and expectations fully.
- One piece roto-molded polyethylene construction for extreme durability
- Extra thick insulation for maximum ice retention
- Premium features such as ICE vault lid gasket, POSITRAC latches
- 7 Year Warranty
- Professional Grade - Engineered to make the outdoors great!
If you’re looking for value for your money, look no further than K2 coolers. With lots of great features, they don’t fall too far behind the real Yeti: a variety of desirable colors, fantastic stability, easily transportable, non-slip bottoms, great UV-resistant latches, strong comfortable-to-hold handles, etc. They can retain your ice for up to 5 days even in hot conditions.
K2 also offers a wide variety of designs and colors. That makes their coolers instantly attractive to the eyes the first time you come across any of them.
Did we also mention their great stability? This makes them quite portable. In fact, you can even transport them through the roughest of terrains without worrying that the contents inside might get thrown around.
Also, K2 handles are renowned for their strength, with a stable, comfortable grip. These characteristics make the cooler both easy and comfy to carry around, thus highly enhancing their portability.
K2 latches are a great sealer to protect what is inside the cooler. The coolers themselves are compatible even with dry ice and are designed to be UV-resistant. While Yeti wins against K2 as far as ice retention is concerned, K2 beat them in affordability and portability, especially with the latter’s non-slip bottoms.
This range of Yeti knockoffs has really worked hard to reach where they are today. They’ve tried and succeeded in living up to the quality and performance principles promised to their buyers. And they have been quite successful at that. Plus, their great features enable them to easily stand up to those of Yeti. Very few Yeti knockoffs can beat them in this regard.
- Rotomolded: Our coolers are made from rotationally-molded LLDPE plastic and are designed to achieve even wall thicknesses for optimal durability.
- Thermal Properties: All hard-sided coolers are pressure injected with up to two inches of Ecomate polyurethane foam for optimal cooling. This unique insulation has no global warming potential, no ozone depletion potential, and is made with no VOCs.
- Lid Gasket: Our lids seal with a rubber gasket to keep cold air trapped extending the longevity of your ice.
- Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee (IGBC) Certified: All Grizzly hardside coolers are IGBC Certified Bear-Resistant. Each hardside cooler also comes with two lock holes to keep your cooler secure and your contents safe.
- Made in USA
A great hunting cooler, Grizzly is roto-molded for the strongest and virtually the most indestructible RotoTough body on our list. It can easily survive in the wild and serve you the longest under extreme conditions. Its coolers are so sturdy that they can sit on a pickup truck for longer periods without being dented.
In the range of high-end coolers where Yeti belongs, this type of Yeti knockoff coolers can act as an alternative for Yeti, especially for outdoors aficionados. Here, you’ll get almost all the quality of Yeti, yet at a price tag that won’t force you to break the bank.
Ice retention ranges between 4 and 19 days depending on the size of the cooler in question. Who wouldn’t want to own a cooler that keeps ice in nearly its best state for a whopping 19 days?
Grizzly coolers are also equipped with large drains and are very easy to clean. Besides, they can be customized for different uses. All these features make them a great choice for outdoor hunting. Among their high-quality materials is an ultra-thick rubber gasket that enhances the cooler’s performance.
Just like Yetis, Grizzly coolers are also specialized for bear resistance, and they give a warranty of a lifetime once you acquire their coolers.
Read: Grizzly Coolers Vs Yeti
FUN FACT: Did you know that Grizzly is a huge supporter of the NRA organization? Now you know!
- Maximizes frigid temperatures to keep your goods colder longer
- Engineered using the latest cooling technology and cutting-edge features
- Cutting board lid/ZeroSkid non slip feet
- Lock point bottle openers/Heavy-duty easy grip handles
- Heavy hauler inset wheels/ Drain plug with hose adapter
Seeking great innovation? Kysek have heard your cry and responded! They’ve been really serious with bringing on board the most advanced technology as far as coolers are concerned.
Kysek coolers come with some pretty cool features, with the most unique being the fantastic temperature sensor you can operate with an app. Their bodies are roto-molded to make the construction on Kysek coolers a pretty solid affair. It’s no wonder, therefore, that as far as body sturdiness is concerned, Kyseks are stationed right up there with the very best.
Further, Kysek coolers have additional layers of polythene for better insulation. That makes their lids, the bottom part, as well as both the front and rear walls. While their 10 days of keeping ice cold aren’t as good as Yetis’ 11 to 12 days, they don’t fall far much behind.
Another great feature with these Yeti knockoff coolers is their outstanding wheelers that make hauling a tireless task. They’re quite heavy duty, built to withstand any kind of terrain. And if you’re a beer drinker, you’ll definitely appreciate the bottle opener that the lid of this cooler comes with.
Kysek handles are another great addition to the design, with the excellent drainage and the highly formidable T-Rex latches completing the extraordinary combination of features. These coolers look and perform more or less like the real Yeti but at a much lower price range.
Named after an ancient Greek legend, expect legendary performance and service from this non-Yeti premium cooler. The ice chest is pretty unique and able to nearly compete with your best Yeti-grade cooler.
Orion have really taken time to build some great attention to detail with this cooler. Their ice chests are not only unique but also capable of standing up against the very best of the best on the market. Their performance is outstanding for this range, you shouldn’t really expect them to reach the level of Yeti coolers.
Do you know why people love Orion coolers? Almost all the reviews we came across mentioned, among others, this aspect: the kind of attention to detail that Orion puts when building its coolers is unmatched. This manufacturer really seems to be passionate about what they do!
Orion offers a wide range of Yeti knockoff variety as far as size goes, with its units starting from as small as a 25-quart cooler to the largest 85 quarts. That’s a good range going by market statistics of the average user. But still, the range isn’t as wide as the Yeti’s.
Looking for a great combination of colors and designs for affordable coolers? Orion is the real deal even in this regard. They even have camo options. I can dare say that they beat Yeti here. If you’re going to consider buying a cooler from Orion, then color is one of those factors that come up there.
Other remarkable features associated with Orion coolers include the tray system, the tie-down points that help with anchoring portability during transportation, the lid’s bottle openers, its certified bear-resistant capabilities, exceptional low profile latches, and formidable handles whose resistance has variously been compared to that of a motorcycle.
Techni Ice Coolers
- 25 YEAR WARRANTY. These Signature Series cool boxes are built with recessed Twin padlock facility for added security. The bung is a huge 2 inches diameter (about the size of a tow ball). This allows the box to be emptied quickly when leaving a camp site especially as there could be still many large chunks of ice left after weeks of camping that can be emptied through this bung.
- This box incorporates a fully moulded and integrated hinge system designed to last for a life time even in commercial applications. Dual Air Lock Seal System comprises one EVAS Seal plus a Rubber Fridge Gasket Seal. This system provides a perfect seal at virtually all ambient temperatures.
- 4 sturdy feet are provided that allow 360 degree air circulation that provides a cool thermal air barrier under and around the box so the box can be put on hot metal ute trays, trailers or hot ground surfaces without effecting the performance of the box through rising heat under the box. Dual Rope Handles, Heavy duty reinforced nylon handles with comfortable hand grips plus comfortable recessed carry ledge handles in the top body of the box lets you choose between the 2 options.
- Tie down points are provided via the rope handles or the integrated points on the base of the box. These Iceboxes have an Integrated ruler on the top of the lid that helps you measure your catch.
- Bonus High Quality Wire basket for all Signature Series Cool box. The Signature Series is basket and divider compatible (dividers will be available for all Signature models at a later date).
This Australian brand may not be so popular in the US but it’s a great option to try. In fact, they’re an industry leader and pacesetter in Australia. They really understand what customers are searching for: top-quality build; indestructible roto-molded body; certified bear resistance; great size range; etc. It’s, for all intents and purposes, the Yeti of Australia!
With its roto-molded body, the Techni’s construction’s top-quality credentials are literally unquestionable. That gives its body the distinction of being among those coolers that can be termed as indestructible. It can withstand any harsh conditions out there. If this Yeti knockoff has survived the wild outdoors of Australia all these years, why wouldn’t survive in the US?
Techni’s advantage over other brands also comes in where it’s raised off the ground. That distance from the ground effectively insulates it from ground heat, enhancing its ice retention further. The cooler’s dual air-locking seals perform better than the single rubber gaskets in some of the other brands we’ve discussed. If there’s a feature that makes the Techni stand up to Yeti, it has to be this one.
Coolers made by Techni are also certified bear resistant. They have been proven to last quite a long time. Their great variety in terms of size and designs gives them an edge against some of the top brands in the world. Another point scored as far as diversity goes is their sell soft coolers.
Why do you think Techni has been the undisputed industry leader in Australia for the last decade or so? There’s no other reason but quality and performance! The company has been in this business long enough to fully understand what customers are looking for. They don’t take any chances with satisfying their buyers. In fact, look out for this brand; it may soon be taking over on the American market as well!
Now that we’ve gone through our TOP 7 list of Yeti knockoff cooler and you’ve seen the kind of quality on offer, what excuse do you have not to acquire one? Tell us about your choice in the comments section below. For other coolers as good as the Yeti click here.